WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hit the 3000 post mark a few weeks ago. Well exactly 300 posts over BUT that doesn't mean I can't celebrate my hours upon hours of time spent here.

I though to myself this is a great opportunity to post pictures of my Omega Collection.

Starting from the First... My SMP 2541.

My first [Omega] love... It has travelled the world with me. From Australia to China to Europe and back. Good and faithful quartz movement.

France...

Monte Carlo

Such a faithful watch... I don't think I'll ever trade her for money or another...

Then... by sheer amazement I won an Ebay auction and this beauty arrived. De Ville Prestige Quartz. Never would I have even considered this watch if I didn't stumble across it by chance. After a fellow forum member gave me the strap and Omega buckle for gratis it is now my favourite formal watch.

Its such a nice watch, its an excuse to wear a suit.

Even before I bought the De Ville I wanted a Speedmaster. I am not a huge space theme fan yet knew a Speedy was perfect for the collection before another diver came along. So I settled for the Speedmaster Reduced. My 2nd planned purchase. Thanks to WUS forum.

Another fellow WUS member bought the wrong size strap and I was glad to take it off his hands.

As you all know, less then two weeks ago my years of waiting were over. The Planet Ocean finally joined the collection. Thanks to The Rolex Forum. I was looking for a Submariner and bought the PO instead.

Today I picked up my bracelet from the post office... thanks to another WUS member again.

That's it, everyone. Thanks so much for making this forum a wonderful place to be. Over the years we had some very interesting discussions and situations. At the end of the day, this is the watch forum I call home.

I'll conclude with one of my favourite snaps... My divers together.

PS, feel free to check out more photos on my Photo Album when you view my WUS profile.

Attachments

·
Registered
537 Posts
That's a great collection, all of them are really nice pieces.
I love the De Ville, lovely classic look.

So the really big question......... What's next?!!:-d

Ash

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
That's a great collection, all of them are really nice pieces.
I love the De Ville, lovely classic look.

So the really big question......... What's next?!!:-d

Ash
First, I need to stick my head in the sand for at least a year or so.

I promised my wife no big spending for a while... not until the investment property is built. But I am soon going to hand out some flyers to do I.T support in my suburb and to get some disposable income. If that goes well, maybe sooner. I am also hoping my wife can find a supplier of nice burl/rose wood watch boxes in China and I might try to sell them. How good would it be to have some extra income related to a hobby? But I don't have too much hope for this. I got a sample I bought last year in China and asked my wife to bring it back (we left it there, out luggage was overfilled as we bought lots of fittings [lights, door handles etc] for our house and stuffed the suitcases full). The other thing is I could go into the replica market :think: I know where to get them from in China... JUST KIDDING! Hope I didn't shock you :-d. I couldn't live with myself.

Then... after I get another green light... I will possibly go hunting for that Sub no-date again or an AT. If it sings to me that is. The Sub certainly did sing with an orchestra backing it.

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
Congratulations! Happy "Anniversary". I should live so long, to hit 3000 posts:). The SMP quartz and the De Ville are a good combo. My AD has got a De Ville quartz like that one - great with that cream dial - looked at it many times. Your photo is great, really brings out the colour of the dial well.Too many watches out there, too little money.
Cheers,
Carl

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
I can't help but admire the way you love your collection...I wish I loved mine as much as you do yours...sometimes I look at my watches and tell myself, "What the **** have I gotten myself into?"...and there are days when I don't want to wear any of them at all.

A collection is only as good as the way it is loved, and congratulations to a great one! :-!

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I can't help but admire the way you love your collection...I wish I loved mine as much as you do yours...
Honestly, if I felt that way about any of mine I would most likely sell it off and put the money towards another watch that does sing to me OR something not watch related that I would admire. I have a few Seiko's which I never wear at all but they would not be worth selling as they would fetch under $80 per watch. Plus when I get my 10 slot watch box I left in China I will need a few to fill the empty slots.

"What the **** have I gotten myself into?"...and there are days when I don't want to wear any of them at all.
The thing is, even before the PO, my Speedy was worn maybe for 2 weeks every few months. The De Ville only comes out when I go formal. Which is not often. I wore it to a wedding last week Monday. I just couldn't help myself glance at it over and over. I don't wear them as often as I would like to. But I just couldn't bare myself to part with any of them. I know I will miss them if I sold one.

Also one of the reasons might be because I have one for each occasion;

• De Ville for formal
  • Speedmaster for a sporty but elegant look. Also my only Omega Chronograph. If I owned a sports car the Speedy would be the driving watch (but the car I got now is more of De Ville suited)
  • PO as my everyday and diver (not that I dive) watc
  • SMP... well same as the PO... but its got a quartz movement. I hate to use the word but maybe a bit of a beater?

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
That is a great looking collection, especially the DeVille model. How long after the first one did you wait to get your second one? As you know, I just got my first one (PO) a week or so ago and I'm already itching...:-d

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is a great looking collection, especially the DeVille model. How long after the first one did you wait to get your second one? As you know, I just got my first one (PO) a week or so ago and I'm already itching...:-d
Gosh, that's going back... you got me interested so I checked my paypal history.

SMP: May 2007
De Ville: September 2007
Speedmaster: June 2008
Planet Ocean: December 2009

Wow how time files.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Congratulations. So what's next on the wanted list?

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
Re: Nice collection of Omegas>>>

Congratulations on that milestone. Now that Rolex, I reckon that you have got about 2,000 posts to do it in!:-!

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Nice post. Nice collection. Lovely DeVille!

Congratulations,
Wallace

·
Registered
465 Posts
Congrats on the 3k and nice collection :-!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Great pics, even better watches! Thanks for sharing!
Quick question, I am looking to buy a PO, and cant decide between th 42 and 45mm. I know yours is a 42mm and it looks good on your wrist, what size wrist do you have?
Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great pics, even better watches! Thanks for sharing!
Quick question, I am looking to buy a PO, and cant decide between th 42 and 45mm. I know yours is a 42mm and it looks good on your wrist, what size wrist do you have?
Thanks
Dan
Darn I keep forgetting the size.... I would have to measure it again sorry. But say that, I would not buy one until you try them on. I did this. Went to a Boutique when I was overseas a couple of years ago. The 42mm was the one for me. Do try before you buy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts