WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to buy a new 300m "Great White" and I'm curious if there are any common QC issues to look out for. I'm buying this from a dealer across the country so I can't physically look at the watch, but I want to ask the dealer to maybe inspect for a couple things before I make the purchase. The only thing right now at the top of my mind is bezel alignment.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
I dont have the white one but I do have the blue and the bezel is perfectly aligned. I haven't had even the slightest problem with mine.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I haven't heard of anything at all.

Most who have got it are blown away by it. She's more beautiful in flesh (somehow that came out a bit more lucid than intended).

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't heard of anything at all.

Most who have got it are blown away by it. She's more beautiful in flesh (somehow that came out a bit more lucid than intended).
Right on. This is the first Omega I've been excited about in a long time, just want to check with community. I know when it was first released there were reports if dial printing issues, but they were probably isolated.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I know when it was first released there were reports if dial printing issues, but they were probably isolated.

Never heard of those either.

Ignorance is a bliss sometimes :)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
😂 😂 I got my three Rollies! Not buying anymore new ones so it's ok!!!!😂😂😂
Rollie is Holy, you can never have enough of that stuff. ;)

Sorry OP for the thread hijack. Some of us should get a chatbox on slack and carry on with our nonsense.

Reminds me of my teenage years, AOL groups, bittorrent and p0rn. Oh the good times.

:ROFLMAO:
🤣😆😂

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts
Rollie is Holy, you can never have enough of that stuff. ;)

Sorry OP for the thread hijack. Some of us should get a chatbox on slack and carry on with our nonsense.

Reminds me of my teenage years, AOL groups, bittorrent and p0rn. Oh the good times.

:ROFLMAO:
🤣😆😂
A chat room would be HILARIOUS...can you imagine the free "flow" of thought? I mean BS! 😂

Work on that will ya!?

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Is it new or new old stock? Makes a difference. If new then haven't heard of problems. If NOS and early coaxial then confirm it's either a 2500 C or D movement, earlier A-B had issues. Otherwise overall it was well made without any other issues I recall.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Is it new or new old stock? Makes a difference. If new then haven't heard of problems. If NOS and early coaxial then confirm it's either a 2500 C or D movement, earlier A-B had issues. Otherwise overall it was well made without any other issues I recall.
Either you are confused or we are all crazy.

I don't think he was asking about the original Great White.

He is referring to the SMP Diver 300 with METAS certified movements.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Either you are confused or we are all crazy.

I don't think he was asking about the original Great White.

He is referring to the SMP Diver 300 with METAS certified movements.
Thats why I asked new or nos. No indication in OP of metas.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Thats why I asked new or nos. No indication in OP of metas.
He mentioned new at a Dealer so I am quite certain its the new one. However he can turn up with a NOS at a gray and I can look like a total fool :LOL:

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, sorry for the confusion man. Not the OG Great White, new SMP white dial.

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I have both the blue and white dial versions.

No QC issues I have seen.

I like them both but I find myself reaching out for the blue more often.

·
Registered
94 Posts
When I got a blue one, I exchanged it due to imperfection on a dial (dent I think). Look also at the alignment of the minute markers. Some are happy to pay thousands and have a watch which isn't perfect, some expect 100% quality.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts