WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody here,
this is one of my two Doxa Synchron 300T fished up in the bay last year, coming from a guy here in Germany who retired from diving. He purchased it around 1979/80. Could be one of the last of this type. Only used for diving, case, crystal and bracelet had a lot of scratches all over. I decided to let it have a little refreshing. It took quite a long time. A lot of problems were caused by fitting in a new sapphire crystal. But at the end everything went well as can be seen on the pics. :-d
It’s a European version with a metric bezel. So there’s no USD-logo. It’s ok for me, because I’m no friend of any kind of logos on a watchdial. I like to have a dial clear with minimum writing on. The movement is good running and keeps good time. Dial and hands are as new. Lume is still working good, but fades in short time because of the tritium-aging. The original-band has the wide DOXA-clasp, which was authentic to the latest Synchron-Subs. Flex-extensions are still strong. Crown not original.
One speciality to my Sub: it features the big hour hand which is very rare to this type. (There’s only one other I know, this belongs to Jason.|>)

refreshing done:
movement cleaned and oiled
new sapphire crystal
case & bracelet slightly polished preserving the brushed surface
new seals/gaskets
watertightness tested for 10 bars (= 100m) minimum
numbers on bezel repainted

Specifications of the movement:
ETA2783
18.000 bph
quickset date
non hacking

The last image shows my whole orange Doxa-family. The 300T on right side is the next for refreshing.

Thanks for looking
Cheers ;-)
Holger

Attachments

·
Registered
11,823 Posts
Real beauty there! I can name two more with the large hour hand though..... mine, and Clive Cussler's original 300T.

Mine is not as nicely restored as yours, but it also carries a sapphire crystal, something I like about it very much.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Very nice :-!

enjoy

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Real beauty there! I can name two more with the large hour hand though..... mine, and Clive Cussler's original 300T.

Mine is not as nicely restored as yours, but it also carries a sapphire crystal, something I like about it very much.

Hi T-Bone,
good looking vintage. Only the original band is missing.
I think the hands on Cusslers 300T were replaced. As you can see on the pic the tritium on hands and markers are aged different.
Regards
Holger

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts