WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Man, I was frustrated...seriously! My first thought when I opened it up was 'How hard can this be?' I tempted fate... :)

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
Well... that's why I would not want to try my hands on repairs, being a ten-thumbed klutz!

Looking at the original paint filling on the hands, I suspect they used a slow-drying enamel paint and even possibly applied by machine, but it's my speculation of course.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Ok, please don't throw stones at me for re-opening a thread dead 5 years ago but @schnurrp, do you think you have those notes available somewhere? I have a Slava Malta Summit, with black goo and everything inside. I cleaned all the back rubber(ughhh) but the watch is not moving so I would like to try to open it. I already fitted a small wheel which fell of the watch when I opened the back case. It proved to be a small wheel which connects the stem to the hour and minute wheels(sorry for not knowing how all that terms :) )

Copper Metal

·
Registered
10,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Ok, please don't throw stones at me for re-opening a thread dead 5 years ago but @schnurrp, do you think you have those notes available somewhere? I have a Slava Malta Summit, with black goo and everything inside. I cleaned all the back rubber(ughhh) but the watch is not moving so I would like to try to open it. I already fitted a small wheel which fell of the watch when I opened the back case. It proved to be a small wheel which connects the stem to the hour and minute wheels(sorry for not knowing how all that terms :) )

View attachment 12615705 [

/QUOTE]

Try these:

Disassembly

Assembly

·
Registered
10,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
It's been my experience, however, that most of the problems concerning non-working quartz watches of this type have to do with the battery contacts and other electrical parts. The black goo is a not uncommon problem with this movement type watch which I believe is discussed in my old thread.

These picture series may be of some help with the basic part locations but if I had a real question or problem with soviet quartz watches of any kind I would contact Comrade WhiteLion. He appears to be a real expert. Here's his ongoing thread: https://www.watchuseek.com/f10/russian-quartz-watches-calibers-analog-display-2886065.html.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Thank you! I needed your pics to make sure nothing its missing from there. When I took the movement out a small wheel fell of and after I took the dial out I saw that a plate between the dial and the movement was loose. I want to clean it all and see what happens.
The assembly part is still not working, sorry to be annoying :(

·
Registered
653 Posts
It works! and those are some really good quality photos. Thank you for taking the time to re-upload them. If the watch will work eventually I will put the end result here.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts