WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I found a seller advertising the frogman with a significantly less shocking price tag of $634 USD.
But I am still not particularly interested in getting one.... maybe I'd wait for the replacement bezel and band and throw them on my gf8250er-1jf as a poor-man's 8230A-4JR

·
Registered
835 Posts
From the roadmap I saw a few weeks ago, these prices are heavily inflated by at least $100 per model.

·
Registered
7,673 Posts
Isn't it a bit surprised the 30th Anniversary frog is 82XX line up not GWF-1000 line up? G-Shock have not release a new GWF-1000 series for a while.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
These prices are certainly above retail price. Granted, prices in Japan are higher than the rest of the world, specifically in relation to G-Shocks. There are some discounts available if you look hard enough and find them available at that moment ;)

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
"■ Back carved seal
World-famous graphic artist, Eric Hays carve a seal in a logo of the 30th anniversary of the catch figure"

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I doubt much price decrease will appear in short period of time from my past experience...
It depends on how long it's available. The 8250ER prices came down quite a bit.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Isn't it a bit surprised the 30th Anniversary frog is 82XX line up not GWF-1000 line up? G-Shock have not release a new GWF-1000 series for a while.
they are releasing the GWF-T1030, but the price is around $1700 (not a joke). Clearly it is waaaaay overpriced.

G-Shock_GWF-T1030A-1_JR_DR_560.jpg

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Sometimes I don't get if Casio has a strange taste for the colour schemes of its high-end models, or is it because of lack of design perfectionism.
Why didn't they paint all the metal parts gold on this model, for instance, is rather perplexing to me.
Gold screws, gold accentuations, gold-tinted display, very beautiful, until they decided to throw in a big silver ring around the watch.... Why Casio, why?

they are releasing the GWF-T1030, but the price is around $1700 (not a joke). Clearly it is waaaaay overpriced.

View attachment 812527

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
even if it was at company prices, i would never buy G's from a shop called Sushi Kitchen Online Shop.. lol

ppl will be like "nice watch dude, where did you get it from?" if you say "sushi kitchen online shop" they will just laugh.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Why didn't they paint all the metal parts gold on this model, for instance, is rather perplexing to me.
Gold screws, gold accentuations, gold-tinted display, very beautiful, until they decided to throw in a big silver ring around the watch.... Why Casio, why?
Don't see where there's silver on the watch but the exposed polished titanium casing, covered by the protective bezel resin, is ion plated black. The decorative top screws and 60 second indicator bezel are ion plated gold... like the GWF-1000G.

Painting metal parts gold will only cause the paint to crack and flake off in the future if when you ding it :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts