WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may end up being one of those threads where I ask for advice on a watch and then end up not buying anything (you know, like all the other ones), but I thought I'd ask anyway.
Since my recent clear out I've been jonesing for something dressy to replace my Seagull M201S and to put the lovely polished 20mm mesh strap I bought for the Seagull on. (pictured below)

Vintage, Russian, Chinese, it's all good as long as it meets the requirements in the title and is mechanical or automatic (preferably the former).

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
No suggestions, but consider me interested. The only thing I have/have had that meets any of the requirements is my vintage Shanghai, but the 18mm lugs are a killer.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Don't know what you think of the looks, but there are a couple of Orients with 20mm lugs; the "Sunbeam" and the CEV09002B.
er1h001t.jpg cev09002b.jpg

Not many vintage watches with 20mm lugs...

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
Gosh I like that Sea-Gull. :-d :-d :-d

Reactions: arktika1148

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
How about another Sea-Gull:
sg002photo1.jpg

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
Something tells me if it had Arabic numerals and a simple military dial, Olly would like it better...

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
sg010photo1.jpg
Seems like too much white (seconds ring, dates) on the black.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
If you want to go inexpensive, but well made, you could look at this Croton Automatic. In my experience, there has been no disappointment. This one is 38mm w/o crown, 20mm lugs, and under $75. Might not be exactly what you are looking for, but it might be worth looking at.
new croton.jpg

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Something tells me if it had Arabic numerals and a simple military dial, Olly would like it better...
I'm getting predictable aren't I? Actually those seagulls are both very much in the right vein. I was already looking at this one (borrowed pic) 364893525.jpg
I'll have a quick browse of Orient's site too.
OF- that Croton isn't really what I'm after but looks like a good watch for the money.

·
Registered
12,817 Posts
LGIM0309.jpg
38mm, curved to look smaller as well.
for me though a little too shiny silver on mesh so now on brown
LGIM0318.jpg
might get an Ostrch later.
The charcoal dial may look better on mesh imo, I had a tough choice between them

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Ladies and gentleman, I think we have a winner. That has a lovely 50s vibe to it Arktika. Can I ask where you got it?

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 13 of 13 Posts