WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. This thread might make more sense on the Pilot watch forum and the mods may move it, I just figured this board gets more traffic. The pilot/flieger style is one that is sorely lacking in my collection. I'd like to correct that of course :-d. My funds are a tad low after the Stowa Seatime I recently purchased so I need keep the price in the <$350 range. I've pretty much zeroed in on the Archimede Pilot but I wanted to make sure I'm not missing something. Any suggestions within the following parameters?:

- 40mm+
- Automatic
- brushed/matte finish
- white/silver dial preferred
- display back preferred if possible

Can't afford to be a brand snob in this price range so anything is game. Thanks in advance of your suggestions and any pics would be a huge help.

S

·
0 Posts
Go for the Archimede pilot´s watch. The Archimede will fit ypur requirements at its best. Not sure if I´d go for a sliver/white dialed pilot´s watch if a pilot´s watch is the no.1-requirement. A pilot´s watch has to have a black dial.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Go for the Archimede pilot´s watch. The Archimede will fit ypur requirements at its best. Not sure if I´d go for a sliver/white dialed pilot´s watch if a pilot´s watch is the no.1-requirement. A pilot´s watch has to have a black dial.
I agree...I can not think of any other pilot styled watch better then the Archimede in that price range.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Mike. I guess it does not have to be strictly a "pilot's" watch if a black dial is required as I am not a pilot. I guess pilot/flieger-style is what I was after. And all my watches save one have a black face hence the white dial preference. Thanks for your response, it confirms the direction I was leaning.

S

·
0 Posts
Thanks Mike. I guess it does not have to be strictly a "pilot's" watch if a black dial is required as I am not a pilot. I guess pilot/flieger-style is what I was after. And all my watches save one have a black face hence the white dial preference. Thanks for your response, it confirms the direction I was leaning.
Regarding "direction": The "Flieger" in the next price category (up) would be Laco, Stowa, Jürgen´s ****, Fortis.

Interesting but maybe not what you are looking for: Seagull 1963

But as I said (and on the long run) > Pull the trigger on the Archimede; hundreds of satisifed owners here on WUS, Watchbizz and TZ can´t be wrong;-)

·
Registered
147 Posts
I would go with the Archimede, I am more than happy with my Fleiger Chrono
the service from Herr Ickler & co is second to none:-!

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
In that price range, go Archimede, you will not be disappointed. :-!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts