WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive found a 57 Replica which i think is listed incorrectly as a broad arrow because of the hands. I can't find any references for an Apollo 11 edition 3594.50. Can anyone confirm if this was produced. I think the watch may otherwise have been put together with different model pieces. Its listed on Chrono24 so based on rep I would assume it to be ligit, I just can't find any info about this one online. Item a3077 on Chrono24 for pics.

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
The '57 Replica is often colloquially called Broad Arrow, although technically the Broad Arrow as a model name is correct only for one sub-collection of Speedmasters powered by the co-axial version of the Piguet movement, equipped with the Broad Arrow hands.

I am not familiar with any sub-collection of the 3594.50. I know there was a limited edition, which was essentially the 3594.50 in solid yellow gold- IIRC, Fratellowatches featured that watch on Speedy Tuesday here:
Speedy Tuesday - Mark Knopfler's Choice
Off-topic: apparently it's worn by the frontman of my favourite (albeit no longer active) band.
Anyway that's a limited edition for Omega's 150th anniversary, nothing to do with Apollo 11.
So, to answer your question: no, I know of no such version of the 3594.50, so what it could be is a 3594.50 dial, hands and bezel on an Apollo 11 LE case and movement, or some other franken.

Reactions: bobbee

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your feedback. I've learnt the Apollo 11 case back with the Hello Houston Tranquility base here text was only used on the 30th anniversary limited edition so I am reasonably confident this watch is not all original. I've decided when I buy it will be from a AD as I could have easily purchased this duffer last week. I really like the stainless steel bezel so I'm going to save a bit longer and get the 9300 57.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts