WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I see some rather old threads on this, but curious if this has changed. I have a 6.25in wrist and seem to think that 36-38mm watches simply work the best for me. I have a 36mm DJ which has been getting a lot of wrist time recently, but wondering what else I might be missing out there in terms of high quality watches from say 200-1200 USD.

I think many folks would point me to Christopher Ward, but the logo just doesn't do it for me and they seem to have too many options IMO.

The other watch I am considering is a 38.5mm Aqua Terra, but it's a bit out of my price range right now :)

Edit: I should add, my other watches include an SKX007, SKX013, SARB033 and a Sub C date. I'd love another diver, but open to classy/dress watches too.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Check out Stowa. They make a couple sized bauhaus style watches, 36mm marine and 36mm fleiger.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
A number of the Nomos models come in 35mm which is a touch smaller than the range you noted. My tangente is my daily wear and looks well proportioned on my 6.5” wrist. You might be able to find some second hand ones within your price range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’ve been eyeing the Junghans Max Bill lately. It’s probably not everyone’s cup of tea in terms of aesthetics, but it would fit your price and size requirements. They have automatics but I’m really tempted by the radio controlled solar quartz version.

·
Registered
790 Posts
A 36mm DJ can be considered a grail watch for many with smaller wrists as it is. I'm happy you have one!

I'd honestly save your money either altogether or until you amass a larger amount for a higher 'tier' watch. I just don't think it's worth spending your money at that level especially if you're already rocking a DJ. :)

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I’ve been eyeing the Junghans Max Bill lately. It’s probably not everyone’s cup of tea in terms of aesthetics, but it would fit your price and size requirements. They have automatics but I’m really tempted by the radio controlled solar quartz version.
+1

·
Registered
262 Posts
What style of watch are you looking for? Divers and chronographs are going to be tough at 36-38 MM especially in that price range. Do you want a quartz or mechanical? Used/New etc. I have a smaller wrist and most of my watches are 40 and under. But even my Diver ii larger. The other thing is that if a watch has a thin bezel it looks bigger. Not sure if it's me, but I also feel that white/silver dial watches look bigger on my wrist than darker dials.

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Divers
Maen Hudson - dive watch in 38mm. Micro brand that uses an ETA movement.
Seiko released the SKX013, 37mm diver recently too.

Dressy
Stowa Antea Classic KS in 35.5mm. A nice Bauhaus-influenced piece.
Junghans Max Bill, as mentioned by others.
Longines Heritage Classic Tuxedo - 38.5mm. A little bit of military styling.

Other
Hamilton Khaki mechanical, 38mm military. Decent range to choose from.
Oris Big Crown Pointer Date, 38mm, but at the upper end of the price range, or maybe beyond.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have an omega midsize (36mm) seamaster. Wears a tiny bit smaller than the datejust and about the same as my 37mm Yachtmaster. 6 inch wrist for reference . It's the one watch I will never sell.

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
i quite like my Nomos Orion Neomatik, and Stowa Antea KS :) Also, the Speedmaster Reduced II is really nice. I sold my AT because it ended up being too thick for me to wear comfortably as a daily.

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
I have a 6.25in wrist and seem to think that 36-38mm watches simply work the best for me. I have a 36mm DJ which has been getting a lot of wrist time recently, but wondering what else I might be missing out there in terms of high quality watches from say 200-1200 USD.
Have you tried chrono24.com and just entered the filter criteria you list above?

Mido Baroncelli II
Mido Multifort 38mm
Rado Hyperchrome 38mm
Rado Coupole Classic
Rado D-Star
Oris Aquis
Sinn 556
Epos Originale
Maurice Lacroix Les Classiques
Mühle Glashütte 29er 37mm
Hamilton Khaki 38mm
Hamilton Jazzmaster 36mm
Certina DS Podium 38mm
Union Glashütte Seris
Davosa Ternos Medium
etc., etc, the list goes on and on.

And those are only the new automatic watches. If you widen it to quartz or used, the list gets longer and longer.

·
Registered
498 Posts
36-38mm watches ?
Yes. They are great on small wrists

I don't quite understand the attraction and fashion for large watches 45+ mm when folks have 6-inch wrists. I've seen people wearing those pizza-size watches on small wrists, and frankly it looked ridiculous to me (just my opinion, folks do whatever they like). I have small wrist too and can't see myself wearing large watches.

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
I have the same wrist size and like 37 - 40mm. Check out Dan Henry for affordable watches with classic designs and proportions. Below is his 38mm 1964 chrono on my wrist.

·
Registered
30,041 Posts
+1 for Nomos

Also the list created by ffrizt is most excellent for ideas as well, IMHO.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
You can get a great watch at a decent price point for the 38mm Hamiltons - auto or quartz.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts