WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering a Stowa, and was curious what the general feeling was about the 36mm flieger. I have a bit of an 'in-between' wrist size at 6.3 - 6.5" (160-165mm). I've heard it wears a bit more like a 38mm, which is a size I really like. The 36mm comes in under my 11mm thick cutoff which is great, and the light weight is what I'm looking for. Any thoughts appreciated.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I was close to pulling the trigger on one last year and did my reasearch. You're correct in what you said, everyone I spoke to that owned one said it wears more like a 38 because its all dial. I think it would be perfect for a wrist size of 6.5 imches or smaller.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
808 Posts
Considering a Stowa, and was curious what the general feeling was about the 36mm flieger. I have a bit of an 'in-between' wrist size at 6.3 - 6.5" (160-165mm). I've heard it wears a bit more like a 38mm, which is a size I really like. The 36mm comes in under my 11mm thick cutoff which is great, and the light weight is what I'm looking for. Any thoughts appreciated.
I have about the same wrist size and think both fliegers 36 and 40 could fit.
It depends more on your tastes.
I prefer bigger models for a flieger than a marine but have a 36mm flieger and 40mm marines from Stowa.

·
Registered
28,660 Posts
At 36 it wears bigger and gives that illusion as well.

But remember, pilot watches are meant to look large, so the 36 should be fine for your wrist size, IMHO.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I have a 15.5cm, 6in wrist. Strictly speaking, the both the 36mm and 40mm fit me and will fit you. But as @Fikk said, it's not a matter of "rules" of watch sizing, it's how you feel wearing them.

Do you have any other watches?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wear a Rado Captain Cook (37mm) every day. I'm not a fan of 40mm full face watches (non divers) on me. It's really not a question of 36 vs 40 for me, it's 36 or nothing. I'd prefer 38 given the option, but it's not an option :)

Inviato dal mio GM1917 utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
800 Posts
In that case sure, I'd go for the Stowa.

Actually I'd go for a Pilot 36 from Archimede, as I prefer the shape of the hands and crown on that watch.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a 6.5-6.75 inch wrist. I bought the 36mm about 6 months ago and have been wearing it almost daily. The size is perfect and I couldn't be happier with the watch. Besides the thinner bezel, the 36mm is fully lumed (minute indices included). I added a matte finish Staib Milanese bracelet this week and can highly recommend it.

Attachments

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks. Not sure I'm in line with the 'it wears like a 38' idea... it definitely has a pronounced dial, but obviously the case is small, so it loses a bit of presence in that sense. Either way, looks great, amazing legibility, light, thin. Good stuff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts