WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow members
I just found this Datejust 16030 from 1983 with full box and papers and tags
The watch is in NOS condition and I don’t think there are plenty of these left in this condition.
if you got it would you ever wear it? Or keep as it is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
493 Posts
That's a lot of pics. 🤣
This is personal but I might keep it and not wear it purely as a collection piece.
I do think that watches are meants to be worn but I also believe that there can be exceptions.

·
Registered
10,700 Posts
This is not a one-off Van Gogh, it's an assembly line watch from the 80s--since it actually is not real NOS (it clearly shows marks of handling, at the least), and since watches were made to wear, even Rolexes, I can't seen any reason whatsoever to buy and put it in the closet--sure, it might increase in value a bit more than it already has, but that will just as likely happen if it were used, with the complete kit, as well (and yes, WAY too many pictures). Now, if it were a Van Gogh...

·
Premium Member
9,391 Posts
As above - wouldnt say it's NOS - had it been stickered n wrapped n wot not then yes & I may be tempted never to wear it
certainly if it were a Sub or SD in minty unworn condition then it may make financial sense to preserve as it
but I dont think this is NOS nor a collectors piece so I would wear it & enjoy it

"these boots were made for walking"

Reactions: dacvibe

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Wear it or sell it, not a rarity in the least.
It may even need a service to get properly oiled and lubed after all that time sitting about. Since it is a very complete set, you should get it done by Rolex, so now you are another $800 deep into it.

Reactions: Kele1976

·
Banned
121 Posts
Hello fellow members
I just found this Datejust 16030 from 1983 with full box and papers and tags
The watch is in NOS condition and I don’t think there are plenty of these left in this condition.
if you got it would you ever wear it? Or keep as it is?

Wear it of course...Based on the photos it sure has a lot of slight scratches to be rated "new" but still its a find. I wear my old 1601 a lot . (believe it or not) as a beatere watch. it takes a beating and just keeps working great and its a 73 I believe.

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
If you won’t wear it don't buy it.
Park money in stocks, not watches

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
I can’t imagine buying a watch to not wear it, unless you’re talking one of a kind or six figure type stuff. Those are probably for the museum, not my world.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts