WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have had my 3861 Speedmaster for 2 and a half weeks and I am wondering if what I am experiencing is "normal". First, until tomorrow when my timegrapher arrives, I have been tracking performance via an app called Watch Tracker. For the first 16 days I did not reset my watch. It was consistently gaining 1.6-1.7 seconds/day. When it got 30 seconds fast I figured I would reset it to actual time and start a new timing run. Then next part is a little fuzzy because I could very easily had made a mistake throwing off my timing but it gained almost 10 seconds in 12 hours. To take the possiblity that I messed up on the start of the timing run, I started a new one reset the watch, put it in my watch box overnight and it lost 0.2 seconds between 11pm and 6:30am. This may be a measuring error but basically since yesterday I have been seeing near spot on accuracy despite my first 2 weeks being a consistent +1.7 s/d (which also aligned with my Metas testing). My question is, what would cause the watch to begin behaving differentely litererally overnight? Does the 3861 and other Metas movements have a "break in" period like some other movements? Anyone else seen this occur after a few weeks of getting a new Speedy? Also, does running the Chronograph affect accuracy at all?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts