WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I've been a Ball fan for quite a while and have a Fireman Racer in 40mm that I'm about to sell. In place of that, it would be nice to get a Ball with a 38mm case. The Arabic is 38mm but I'm not a fan of the numbers. Any ideas on other models? Maybe new old stock or pre-owned for sale?

Thanks!

·
Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator
11,594 Posts
The TM Streamliner about completes the list. You might try the EHC MidSize Ceramic that is a 36 but will wear bigger because of the crown guard. Train Masters tend to wear smaller so a 41 there may seem smaller than your Racer.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks samanator. It's a shame that Ball doesn't have many offerings in the mid-size range. Great watches but a bit on the big side. Oh well, maybe I'll stumble across a 38mm Ohio one of these days (now that is a great looking watch!).

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've seen a few older, 38mm Trainmasters floating around the Net. Shame they don't make them in those sizes anymore - I sold a 41mm 60 Seconds after a few months because it was simply too large (the lugs were nearly protruding from the sides of my wrist), and bought a 38mm Engineer Arabic which, incidentally, seems at least 10 years old. I haven't seen a 38mm 60 Seconds since, but should one with a white dial appear, I'd snatch it up in an instant.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
The TM Streamliner about completes the list. You might try the EHC MidSize Ceramic that is a 36 but will wear bigger because of the crown guard. Train Masters tend to wear smaller so a 41 there may seem smaller than your Racer.
The Midsize ceramic is also quite tall for its width.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts