WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always loved the 38mm Omega Aqua Terra for its simplicity, classy looks, and all-purpose nature. However, I could never get on with the bracelet. The biggest problem was the lack of micro adjustment. I live in a climate with hot summers and freezing winters so the temperature fluctuation demands micro-adjustment capability (and I do not like the bracelet to be too loose). I also prefer a traditional all-brushed bracelet so I’m not a huge fan of the polished center link, flat link style bracelet that Omega makes. I also prefer more taper in the bracelet than 2mm (19mm to 17mm). So I sold my AT. :(

However, I recently found out the Tudor Black Bay 36 bracelet has the same size center links as the 38mm Aqua Terra (both have female end links that are 19mm wide). The BB36 has a traditional 3 link oyster bracelet with three micro-adjustments (and I can drill a fourth if I need to) and it has a nice taper from 19mm to 16mm near the clasp.

Armed with this knowledge I reacquired the 38mm AT and was able to mate the end links with a BB36 bracelet. The fit is perfect—as if the two were made for each other. I will also add that the Tudor bracelet has minimal branding on the outside, just "TUDOR" etched on the flip-lock, which is not very noticeable.

So if you prefer an all-brushed oyster bracelet on the AT with micro-adjustments—the BB36 bracelet is the answer. Now, the BB36 bracelet is not cheap. It’s over $800 USD. Any Tudor AD can order you one. Also, you will need to brush out the polished center links of the Aqua Terra end links. This can easily be done with a green Scotch-Brite pad. However, the price was well worth it because this combination has made my Aqua Terra absolute perfection to me and now I’m planning to make this my daily wear watch. :)

Watch Analog watch Everyday carry Clock Silver

·
Registered
484 Posts
Nice fix! I’m still amazed that micro adjust bracelets are not standard on watches, especially Omega. Anyway good job and enjoy the new combo.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice fix! I’m still amazed that micro adjust bracelets are not standard on watches, especially Omega. Anyway good job and enjoy the new combo.
It's totally tone deaf by big watch companies like Omega. Grand Seiko is also a major offender. The crazy thing is that it doesn't cost extra money to have micro-adjustment and these are not cheap watches even if it were.

·
Registered
46 Posts
This is cool! Thanks for testing this out.

I ordered the Omega end links and they just arrived (need to pick them up). Planned to pair it with Forstner bracelet (flat link brushed/polish or full brushed contemporary flat link).

I recently acquired BB36 and will try on the bracelet as well, although I probably will not use it as I like my BB36 on bracelet.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is cool! Thanks for testing this out.

I ordered the Omega end links and they just arrived (need to pick them up). Planned to pair it with Forstner bracelet (flat link brushed/polish or full brushed contemporary flat link).

I recently acquired BB36 and will try on the bracelet as well, although I probably will not use it as I like my BB36 on bracelet.
The Forster flat link bracelet definitely fits. I tried that combination a few months ago and there's a pic in this thread:

My complaint with that combination is that I prefer a traditional oyster link to a flat link and I was not impressed with the Forstner clasp. The clasp would be fine on a vintage or vintage style watch but on a modern AT it is less than ideal. Thankfully the Tudor BB36 bracelet and clasp checks all the boxes (for me anyway).

·
Registered
46 Posts
The Forster flat link bracelet definitely fits. I tried that combination a few months ago and there's a pic in this thread:

My complaint with that combination is that I prefer a traditional oyster link to a flat link and I was not impressed with the Forstner clasp. The clasp would be fine on a vintage or vintage style watch but on a modern AT it is less than ideal. Thankfully the Tudor BB36 bracelet and clasp checks all the boxes (for me anyway).
received my end links and my AT is now on Forster flat link. I get what you meant by the clasp. I tried putting on the Forster contemporary flat link but it doesn’t fit (too thick and the bracelet would hit the lugs). I think I won’t be putting my BB36 bracelet on as yet but good to know it’ll fit as another option.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Thanks for clarifying @Fgama the Forstner Contemporary Flat link AT inquiry I had in another post. Too bad the links are too thick because I feel it would be a great improvement with the milled clasp from the OEM bracelet while still providing a similar weight.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts