WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 535 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ordered one immediately, but strangely I keep receiving their confirmation email, like one mail in every minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2 Posts
Times like this I wish I had tried a 39mm on my wrist... no returns makes me nervous!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
137 Posts
A bit scary, this is the first time I ordered from them. Better check the Paypal record too.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ordered mine just now, same deal with the confirmation emails. Does anyone know how many they will be producing overall? I can see the first tranche is for 90 pieces but how many more? Previous releases I've been involved with regarding Gnomon OVM's theres been 150 and 300 respectively.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ordered mine just now, same deal with the confirmation emails. Does anyone know how many they will be producing overall? I can see the first tranche is for 90 pieces but how many more? Previous releases I've been involved with regarding Gnomon OVM's theres been 150 and 300 respectively.
I got only about 10, after that someone replied my message about my chosen serial number.

I got my lucky number 22, yeah...

·
Registered
453 Posts
Just pulled the trigger on one. Didn’t see the option where to pick a number but any 39mm OVM MKIII is good to me. Time to sell the 42mm OVM MKIII...

~ Begin with the end in mind ~

·
Registered
205 Posts
I just pulled the trigger also. My wife isn’t going to be happy, as I’ve just bought the new 42mm OVM from Steinhart a few weeks ago.

Like you, RotorBoater, I’ll probably sell the 42mm version and keep the LE.

Does this mean Steinhart will never create a non limited version of the OVM 39?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
141 Posts
Looks like a cool one. I am a huge fan of the 39mm and I have been saying for a while that more companies will be making sport/dive watches with more traditional case diameters. This will definitely make this a more befitting homage to the Rolex 5517.

I own a MKII LRRP "Milsub" and that is my only complaint, 42mm is too big. Still wears nicely and in my opinion the traditional case/crown geometry puts the MKII ahead of the Steinhart. Regardless-the OVM in a smaller size is a great addition to the lineup!

·
Registered
141 Posts
They may just be testing the waters. I am assuming that these will sell out. Based on the success I would think they would begin working on phasing out the 42mm models.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Those of you who wants to pick your serial number, you have to send them an email with your order ref and tell them your choices and then they will confirm with you by email.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I just pulled the trigger also. My wife isn’t going to be happy, as I’ve just bought the new 42mm OVM from Steinhart a few weeks ago.

Like you, RotorBoater, I’ll probably sell the 42mm version and keep the LE.

Does this mean Steinhart will never create a non limited version of the OVM 39?

To my knowledge Steinhart has never recreated an LE, but it would be silly of them not to eventually make the OVM in a 39mm model down the road. I think they’ll eventually do it but maybe with the MKIV if there will even be such a thing.

·
Registered
205 Posts
To my knowledge Steinhart has never recreated an LE, but it would be silly of them not to eventually make the OVM in a 39mm model down the road. I think they’ll eventually do it but maybe with the MKIV if there will even be such a thing.

I agree. I was surprised to see this released as an LE, because I know so many on the forums have been wanting a 39mm OVM.

I like your theory of a non-limited 39mm MKIV at some point.

Btw, looks like the first batch is going fast. About half of the 90 seem to be spoken for...

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Oh man, 2 days ago I saw the new OVM with black dial, pull the trigger immediately.
Of course Steinhart shipped it right away and I should have it today.
And now this post pops up haha.
This is going to be a hit, black dial 39mm wow.
Cant wait to see some real life photos here.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
They may just be testing the waters. I am assuming that these will sell out. Based on the success I would think they would begin working on phasing out the 42mm models.
I sincerely doubt that will happen - there are PLENTY of "us" that eschew any watch that is less than 41mm. For ME, with a 7 1/8" wrist and at ~6'2" tall, 41-42mm is my personal "sweet spot"; add to it my ~62 year old eyes, and that caps it!

I just rec'd my 2nd OVM Mk. 1 in yesterday, after STUPIDLY selling my 1st one a few years ago. Admittedly, it will be going out for a C3 relume (which I had planned on doing with the 1st one), but I will be interested to see this new 39mm offering A-B'd against a 42mm OVM. The lume plots are certainly "maxi" on the 42mm variant; if they use about the same sized lume plots on the 39mm variant, I fear that they may look a bit "cartoonish"...

Glad to see this one, though - I know there are MANY fans of the more "traditional" Submariner case size...

1 - 20 of 535 Posts