WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
81 - 100 of 535 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Just been notified that mine has been picked up and is on its way the the U.K.

I had an OVM maxi which I eventually sold as it was just that little bit too big for my liking. I knew it was the right call but it really really liked that watch. I always said if they release a 40mm I’d be on it.. 39 is close enough and I think due to the case design it’ll probably feel like a 40mm on the wrist.

I am really looking forward to receiving the 39mm version I am however slightly anxious it will not live up to my high expectations as the maxi was an extremely well put together watch.

Those that have received theirs what is the bezel action like? Also how does the bracelet and clasp compare to that found in the 22mm ocean one models?

·
Registered
531 Posts
I am really looking forward to receiving the 39mm version I am however slightly anxious it will not live up to my high expectations as the maxi was an extremely well put together watch.
Just been notified that mine has shipped, should receive it this Thursday. I still own the Maxi LE (which is an amazing watch, but sadly too large for me and I never really bonded with the shape of the hesalite crystal), I'll post comparative pics.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just been notified that mine has been picked up and is on its way the the U.K.

I had an OVM maxi which I eventually sold as it was just that little bit too big for my liking. I knew it was the right call but it really really liked that watch. I always said if they release a 40mm I’d be on it.. 39 is close enough and I think due to the case design it’ll probably feel like a 40mm on the wrist.

Those that have received theirs what is the bezel action like? Also how does the bracelet and clasp compare to that found in the 22mm ocean one models?
I hear you on the 42mm OVM. I am wearing mine today, and I do very much like the fit and finish,appearance the whole bit. But that 42mm just doesn’t ride right for me, thoughI will admit that the large(r) watch aesthetic never appealed to meanyway. Mine looks good on my ~7” flatwrist but I feel it all day where a 39-40mm I don’t. Size aside, the things that I look forward toon this one that I don’t like on my current one – mine is the gray dial versionwhich is okay but I think the darker black is so much better. As well, I don’t like the large bevel on theedge of the crystal on this one where the OVM39 looks much more thought out andhopefully won’t grab my eye so much – can’t stand the bevel distortions andhalo. Don't know about the clasp on any models, never could get used to a bracelet and will likely sell the one that comes with this model if it is a keeper for me.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Interesting, so you are essentially in the second wave and already getting shipping notification. That means mine might actually come sooner than I thought.
No, the first wave had more than 90 pieces but only the first 90 serials were available for reservation.

The second wave is scheduled to start shipping on the 15th.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Just recieved my one this afternoon i only had a quick look at it as i was going to work when the DHL delivery guy dropped in just in time when i was about to go.

Really happy that i got this one instead of the ceramic. My plan was to buy the Ocean39 ceramic but then that moment i just got an email from Gnomon saying they are having a limited run of the OVM 39 so just bought this one instead.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
I came aware of this offering last night, and just put an order for one! I had the 42mm OVM and the Vintage GMT but ultimately sold then both because of the size (they wore great on the bracelet, but I wanted them for nato wear, lugs were too long for my 6.75" wrist). Anyone can post a side shot of one of the Ocean 39mm divers on a nato? I want to see how far back the caseback protrudes.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Ditto ^^^ -- When are you early recipients gonna start posting pics and showing off your new LE OVM 39 ????? Slackers!!!!!

Reactions: RotorBoater

·
Registered
137 Posts
I came aware of this offering last night, and just put an order for one! I had the 42mm OVM and the Vintage GMT but ultimately sold then both because of the size (they wore great on the bracelet, but I wanted them for nato wear, lugs were too long for my 6.75" wrist). Anyone can post a side shot of one of the Ocean 39mm divers on a nato? I want to see how far back the caseback protrudes.

Thanks!

I wanted to use a nato strap initially, but it just didn’t feel right. Maybe because of my small wrist, it felt like the watch was sitting too high on top of my wrist. Last night I put the bracelet back on and it feels better now.

BTW, the buckle is extremely tight to open, I wish it had a deployment clasp instead.

Edit: hard to open buckle was a single incident only, it works fine now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
I wanted to use a nato strap initially, but it just didn’t feel right. Maybe because of my small wrist, it felt like the watch was sitting too high on top of my wrist. Last night I put the bracelet back on and it feels better now.

BTW, the buckle is extremely tight to open, I wish it had a deployment clasp instead.

Edit: hard to open buckle was a single incident only, it works fine now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks very much! It does look a little tall from the case back -- The Ocean series 42's are very svelte. Wonder what's up with the 39. Further reports will determine I expect :)

Reactions: Jraul7

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Though the case back is pretty tall on nato, personally I feel that it is still way more comfy than many other divers on the same setup. I guess this is mostly due to the smaller size (lug to lug as well as width) since when it rocks around, it doesn’t really “pull” the strap in a uncomfortable way, and it doesn’t hinder my bent-the-wrist-to-see-if-it-blocks test.

Overall I am glad I paid a visit last Saturday and had a chance to own this. :)

Today’s setup:

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Thanks for the pictures nodnod! Not ideal but it could work. The problem I had with the 42 were the long lugs and this new version should address that.

In any case, if this one doesn't work as my dedicated nato watch, I'll just get another Oris 65 40mm or Sinn 556.

Now, where is my 39mm vintage GMT?!?!?

·
Registered
158 Posts
So I placed my order Saturday morning when did they email you with the serial number you’ll receive? I wonder if I will be the second or third batch?

81 - 100 of 535 Posts