WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

161 - 180 of 535 Posts

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I ordered one and a green bezel one too!

·
Registered
164 Posts
7EB3q86.jpg

Another comparison with MKI. Hard to tell in pictures but the dial is slightly blacker (on the MKI). Looks like the lume matches on the dial and the hands of the 39 while it didn't on the MKI. Crown guards look a bit bigger in the pictures. Getting that bracelet off was a bit tricky. Excuse the smudges on the next one.

IMG_20171214_222753447~2.jpg

Perfect size for me... I don't think anyone is going to be disappointed with this!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Placed my order Saturday morning and just got a DHL shipment notification this morning!

Just curious but what serial #'s have people been receiving?

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
My opinions/analysis owing both the MKIII and LE 39 at the same time:

Oddly, I like the proportions of the 42 better, even though I don’t like the long lugs and feel the size is almost too big for my wrist. I feel the 42 is slightly more balanced for some reason.

I like the crystal on the 39 better. The slight step makes it look more interesting.

I prefer the brushed bezel of the 42 to the polish of the 39.

Bracelet on both have a nice taper. Haven’t played with the clasp on the 39 (plastic still on) but the 42 is solid.

I have a 6.75” wrist. 39mm definitely looks good, but I lean towards the aesthetics of the 42. Which should I keep??

Both are amazing pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honestly, I think you should keep both and rotate between them evenly for another month or more. Then decide which one to keep.

Also, from all the comparison pics of 42 mm & 39 mm, I too think that 42 mm is more proportional. As I have OVM V1 and the 39 mm Ocean One black, I can understand why you prefer full brushed bezel of 42 mm.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts between the two. :)

Reactions: Ldiesel

·
Registered
40 Posts
Number 54 reporting in. I find the reduced size much more refined than the 42mm. The thinner bezel and tapered and also contribute. I think the 39mm works well under a dress shirt and the 42 will remain in my weekend rotation. Pics on a 7 inch wrist.
IMG_0459.JPG IMG_0458.JPG

Reactions: Shoresy and mtb2104

·
Registered
73 Posts
View attachment 12730803

Perfect size for me... I don't think anyone is going to be disappointed with this!
Good comparison pic there, with each photo I see between these two the more I see improvement - The 42, even off a smaller wrist, just looks too big for this watch knowing how the originals were sized - and for me personally if your going to get this close to an original in a homage might as well just size it right too, just needs solid bars on it.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
I’m impressed at how thin this watch feels on the wrist. Any thinner and I feel like it’ll be too thin, if that even makes sense. The backplay on the bezel is annoying and the lume is subpar but love everything else about it. It even looks good on a bracelet!

·
Registered
89 Posts
View attachment 12730803

Another comparison with MKI. Hard to tell in pictures but the dial is slightly blacker (on the MKI). Looks like the lume matches on the dial and the hands of the 39 while it didn't on the MKI. Crown guards look a bit bigger in the pictures. Getting that bracelet off was a bit tricky. Excuse the smudges on the next one.

View attachment 12731113

The size difference is a surprise. I honk this is going to be perfect for me.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Originally Posted by househalfman

and the lume is subpar

Subpar compared to Seiko?

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Compared to seiko turtle, Helson sharkdiver, borealis seastorm, zelos hammerhead.

I didn’t know what to expect from steinhart’s lume but compared to those above, my ovm doesn’t have the best lume.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Compared to seiko turtle, Helson sharkdiver, borealis seastorm, zelos hammerhead.

I didn’t know what to expect from steinhart’s lume but compared to those above, my ovm doesn’t have the best lume.
My turtle and sharkdiver had great lume. In my experience fauxtina is not very good, although the Oris 65 40mm is acceptable.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Trying it on a tan NATO and I think it looks great. As you know, I am a big fan of the 39mm case size and this one makes me love them even more...
That does look good. I also have a tan Nato waiting to try it out on, as well as a grey Nato and a black perlon that should go really well I think.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
My turtle and sharkdiver had great lume. In my experience fauxtina is not very good, although the Oris 65 40mm is acceptable.
I should know better that C-faux vintage lume is not viable. Are the 42mm OVM's better. No one says much about lume on OVM's and I assumed they had it mastered sufficiently. I don't expect Seiko, but would like to get 7 hrs out of it at least.

Trust you are doing well BTW --

RD

161 - 180 of 535 Posts