WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having issues getting the right tool to open my Enicar Sherpa Super-Divette with the super compressor case. Specifically, Enicar's scalloped bayonet case back!

Rather than keep hunting, I decided to make one in CAD and 3D print it. And it works! One nice thing is that PLA is probably too soft to mar the case - you're likely to crack the tool before making a scratch on your precious Enicar!

I put the design up on Thingiverse if you'd like to make your own or have someone make one for you: Enicar Seapearl Case Back Tool by SFoskett - Thingiverse

·
Registered
565 Posts
I did a little checking and found a 3D printing service who can do this for $8.50.

Not knowing enough about 3D printing, the term "PLA" are there other names for this material? A generic name or is that a term a printing service can recognize and confirm they can print it?

By the way, not 18 hours earlier I was thinking about 3D printing an opener for my Super Divette! Cosmic. Thanks for this!

I was having issues getting the right tool to open my Enicar Sherpa Super-Divette with the super compressor case. Specifically, Enicar's scalloped bayonet case back!

Rather than keep hunting, I decided to make one in CAD and 3D print it. And it works! One nice thing is that PLA is probably too soft to mar the case - you're likely to crack the tool before making a scratch on your precious Enicar!

I put the design up on Thingiverse if you'd like to make your own or have someone make one for you: Enicar Seapearl Case Back Tool by SFoskett - Thingiverse

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool! Happy to help!

PLA is the most common 3D printing material. Some also use ABS which should work just fine too. The agency definitely knows this material.

Make sure they print it with maximum infill. They will know what this means too. It makes it stronger.

I hope it works out for you!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Done!

Had one printed using your design and it works just fine on my Jet case and another Seapearl case.

Already at work on plastic gaskets for them both.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
How did you make it ? Did you 3d scan the case back with a laser or something ? Or did you design it "manually" ?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Bumping an older thread, but wanted to say thank you for this cool creation. I had these printed for me at the local library and they worked perfectly. I was amazed.
The little Saturn ring design didn't get created, but it's all good!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts