WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I might be wrong but it looks like common practice right now for dealers to swap the steel strap off F1 chronos replacing it with the plastic one, then selling the strap separately or fitting it to less desirable models. I simply don't accept that the amount I see with the plastic strap were originally sold that way. Also funny how they usually describe the watch "fitted with a new plastic strap" as well.

Anyway could someone please let me now the serial number of the steel one that fits this generation ?

My second gen is marked 493/3

thanks

·
Registered
690 Posts
maybe people are doing that it doesn't surprise me or bother me,straps and bracelets are a personal taste thing.

It would also be extremely hard to gauge what percentage of these watches were originally sold with the bracelet as opposed to the rubber.If you check out the catalogs on calibre 11 websites you'll get a better idea.

The metal bracelets that will fit are 493/3 like you all ready posted and 493/81

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that info.
humm I accept you comment, it just seems like most private sales on forums and ebay etc are nearly all watches with steel straps where as with dealers it's the other way around.
maybe it's just me?

·
Registered
690 Posts
you could be right,watch dealers/sellers will try any little trick in the book to maximise profits.

I like both the rubber and the metal equally they both have there pros and cons.With the metal bracelets you have to factor in any excessive stretch in the band,clasp closing tightness,scratches,etc.

rubber you have to factor in any age harden rubber resulting in splits,cracking,etc.

In a ideal world it be great to have both NOS.

·
Registered
690 Posts
the OP is referring to the 3rd generation f1 quartz chrono i.e brightly coloured dial,FIA caseback models,and is talking about the watches for sale on the secondary market.As these models were discontinued years ago.

·
Registered
12,033 Posts
ok, I'm not all that clued up on the F1 models.

I also can't remember when TAGHeuer started listing the bracelet/strap as part of the model reference.
I guess what doesn't help is that TAGHeuer don't stamp their warranty cards with the model refs as Omega do so you can never be sure what was original to the model.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have a new tag F1 WAH1110-0 that came with the black rubber strap but I'm looking to swap the strap for a tag s/s bracelet if anyone is interested?

Unworn!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts