WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a place to write about your good/bad experience w/ them. I couldn't find anything on a seller so I'm hoping we can start a thread on the topic.

I bought a Tissot Le Locle from
Time Savings
Amazon.com Seller Profile: Time Savings

Decent price, horrible return policy (hope I don't have to use it),

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Wouldn't it be better to shop for a dealer with a decent price and return policy?
I bought this watch at $305, I had an AD offer it to me for $440 and grey market (others) at ~$350. (Le Locle info)

To be fair, I have tried the watch on and seen it in person from an AD. That said I'm not keen on a seller that has a 40% restocking fee and collects "their" shipping cost from you upon return. I bought "this" watch from them.... but admit ably would have had a hard time if the price difference was closer or if I was iffy on the watch in question. Amazon assured me if the watch is excessively old, used, or in any way different from what is advertised Time Saving would have bigger problems and I could expect a full refund.

As of the moment I won't have the watch till next week.

I must add, I emailed them on Wednesday of last week and received a confirmation e-mail from Amazon saying they'd be monitoring any communication back and forth. As of the moment, Sunday, no response from the seller.
All I asked was the power reserve and age of the watch. I'm curious if the seller even knows' the answer to the first (should be 42 hours) and honestly wanted to know the answer to the second.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
I have bought a few on Amazon with no issue. I bought a cocktail time (3rd party from Japan but fulfilled by Amazon, with Assurion Warranty), an Orient from (Long Island watch but through amazon), and a Victorinox. All 3 had perfectly acceptable return policies. I think the cocktail time was like 90 days no questions asked. I didn't use the return policy.

Most of the time, I find Amazon over priced. Many times I can even go direct to the third party (but found on Amazon) and get it for cheaper.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well it shipped, from some warehouse in Brooklyn NY w/ UPS Ground.
Also, they've required a signature upon arrival as well as blocking any delivery changes to a UPS Access Point. (not sure why the last one is blocked....)

I'll post pics when it arrives.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts