WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just landed, brand new purchase. Unscrewed extremely easily, and slid right out into my fingers. Gah!

On a positive note, before I was done typing the 1st sentence above, Marc from LongIsland Watch / Squale already informed me a replacement would arrive tomorrow. Both duds were purchased from him, with zero quibbles either time. Cannot recommend him enough!

Also, the Orange, PVD combo is seriously bad ass, fingers crossed on the replacement.

Reactions: RSDA and docvail

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I just ordered the 60ATMOS. Let's hope QC has improved on these newer models. Glad you are being taken care.

That orange dial does look very slick.

Please share some more pics.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, it looks like the stem itself snapped. Maybe it took a few knocks in shipping or something like that
The outer carton was smooshed pretty good, but the Squale box was not dented. Also, the crown was screwed in all the way, possible I guess, but doubt it.

I just ordered the 60ATMOS. Let's hope QC has improved on these newer models. Glad you are being taken care.

That orange dial does look very slick.

Please share some more pics.
Yea, this is one of those "pics don't do it justice" watches. Killer orange! I have to shoot some product pics for work this week, as long as #2 is good, I'll take some better pics, and start another thread.

Good luck on the 60. If I didn't like this thing so damn much.... would have asked for a refund.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
It's like having to put up a stop light because the single stop sign, double stop sign, and caution light just didn't register.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hear ya.... just one more try. They do have issues.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Ive had the 60 in my shopping cart twice now and abort. I keep having visions of QC issues from Squale and dont want to go down that road.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Was the other "crown issue" similar to this one? I have considered ordering a Squale in the past, but am reluctant after hearing about these QC issues.

I also want to give my highest recommendation for buying from Marc at LongIsland Watch. His customer service is the best I've ever had from an online watch vendor.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Orange looks good
had a black one years ago I fancy getting myself a yellow one but one of the old ones with the orange minute hand

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Was the other "crown issue" similar to this one? I have considered ordering a Squale in the past, but am reluctant after hearing about these QC issues.

I also want to give my highest recommendation for buying from Marc at LongIsland Watch. His customer service is the best I've ever had from an online watch vendor.

Different, 1st one was a 20 atmos. The stem was bent on that one. It would screw down, but it took way too much pressure. Wasn't cross threaded, but it would have stripped the threads soon enough IMO. I think this was from the first batch of them, and there were several crown issues at the time. I did have another 20 atmos since, and the crown, and threading was nothing ​like the first.

Link.... https://www.watchuseek.com/f74/question-squale-20-atmos-owners-844013.html

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Replacement arrived already this morning, happily with zero issues.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
That is a helluva combo,killer !!

No idea what happened to the first one,could it have left the factory/artisanal Squale Swiss cottage in that condition ?

Very glad you had an AD who stood behind the product & took care of it.

Great watches I think but would only ever consider one from a very solid seller 0r used with deep discount,just in case..

·
Vendor
27,702 Posts
Marc at islandwatch.com is one of the good guys in this business, for sure. Glad it all worked out.

klatapat yb snoitseggus cinomed neddiH

Reactions: BDC

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Can't recommend him enough!

·
Premium Member
71,306 Posts
Sorry to hear you had problems. I keep reading about QC issues so each time I get a Squale and it's a good 'un I breath a sigh of relief.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts