WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

How many buttons do you prefer? TWO CHOICES ONLY.

• 4 buttons for looks

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • 4 buttons for functionality

Votes: 12 13.5%
  • 5 buttons for looks

Votes: 14 15.7%
  • 5 buttons for functionality

Votes: 69 77.5%
  • Just gimme more buttons! Direct access rules!

Votes: 9 10.1%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's your preference? The four button models a la 5600 series or the five button a la 66/6900 series with the extra fat light switch.

Or would you even like to see something like a six button or seven button solution as we can see it on some PAWs or Timex watches?

You get TWO choices. So it's possible to say you prefer four buttons for looks but five for functionality. That was my vote, for example.

Till

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Every time I use a 4 button watch I always end up getting something wrong, usually expecting either the reset or reverse to be top right. So having got used to a 5th light button, it seems to be more natural to me now.

·
Banned
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Every time I use a 4 button watch I always end up getting something wrong, usually expecting either the reset or reverse to be top right. So having got used to a 5th light button, it seems to be more natural to me now.
Me, too. And the reset and light buttons and also the +/- buttons are not always placed in the same manner, either. Very unnerving.

Till

·
Registered
399 Posts
beyond of what I like or find functional 4-buttons I believe just gives more reliability because they have one less weak point for water to penetrate and because the main 5th light button is not that good protected as the 4 ones on the side and is the one that stands on the frond of the watch! .... to Mudman where the bezel totaly protects the light button.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
5 th. light button at the top all the way. there was a time when i wouldn't even considered buying a watch without the extra button. have a few now with only 4 buttons but it never feels 100% right. the top light button is more intuitive to press, especially when just woken up in the middle of the night.

cheers

·
Registered
88 Posts
I like the front light button but I wish that it's a big round button in what ever colour that the light is. Also the other four buttons should be similar to the adjust and mode buttons on the GWF-1000 series. Love those buttons...

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
5 buttons all the way. My first G was a DW-004 w/5 buttons so that is what I know best, and the majority of my G's are 5 button.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I'm a Frogman kind of a guy, so it's 4 buttons for me!

·
Banned
1,303 Posts
I like BOTH. I wear my 4 button DW5600E-1V and my 4 button G5600E Solar a lot. I also wear my 5 button DW6600-1V a lot too. I like all 3 models very much and all 3 of them get a lot of wrist time.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
4 buttons

·
G-Shock Mod
14,197 Posts
4-button is not a deal killer for me

but 5-button is nice when there is a dedicated button for EL

·
Registered
391 Posts
I prefer 5 buttons. I find them easier to use overall.

...and now that I think about it, in my small collection the 5-button models outnumber the 4-button models by 5 to 3. No coincidence, I guess. :think: ;-)

·
Registered
721 Posts
Chose 4-button G's for looks, square G's in mind...
And 5-button G's for function... but this doesn't go other way around.

What can I say... my wrist is conscious about its looks.:-d

·
Banned
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Since I found out that you can't have light on 4-button-watches while setting the alarm, it's a no go for me!

Mike
Mike, turn the button beep off and switch Auto EL on. That will give you light while setting the alarm. At least for the pre-determined period the light will stay on. Then you need to tilt it again.

Till

1 - 20 of 20 Posts