WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

So I'm selling my Oris and going to get an Omega, I've always wanted one and thought now is the time.

I'm stuck between 4 that I've seen, 2 seamasters and 2 speedmasters!

I usually go for a dive style watch so obviously the seamaster was my original choice but I love the speedmaster and the history of the watch. For obvious reasons I can't get to an Omega AD soon but would like to see what everyone's opinions are and any experiences they have had with them to sway me. The one issue I have with the speedmaster is the manual wind but thats not a major issue for me. The one concern I do have is the crystal is apparently very delicate and scratches easy so I may have to push for the sapphire sandwich version.

The 4 I'm looking at are -

Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch Professional 42mm Mens Watch O31130423001006

Omega Seamaster Diver 300m Co-Axial 44mm Mens Watch O21230445003001

Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch Mark II Co-Axial 42.4mm Mens Watch O32710435006001

Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 600m Co-Axial 43.5mm Mens Watch O21533442103001

Any advice would be so helpful.

cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
From this selection I would take a Speedmaster. A staple piece of any collection that looks good with anything. If this is your daily watch and you don’t have a big collection then I would probably get something a little tougher, like a PO or Seamaster Pro. Just my $0.02. What is calling you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
My Speedmaster is my favorite Omega (I have the hesalite Speedy Pro). Having said that, if dings bother you I would go for a Seamaster. As careful as I try to be, the delicate Speedy bezel still picks up a nick here and there. If the nicks/dings don't bother you, then you can't go wrong with a Speedmaster.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I find the seamaster chronometer to be too tall, so if you want the chrono go for one of the speedy’s. That SMP is pretty awesome, I have a Deep Black and out of about 15 watches it gets the most wrist time (and has crossed an ocean with me).

·
Registered
551 Posts
Another vote for one NOT on the list.

SMP Diver 300.
Followed by Speedy (not if you can't stand scratches)
Then Planet Ocean.

Diver Chronos are pointless IMHO and its a shame Omega is making them. This coming from someone who values Omega as his favourite watch brand.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I just picked up a PO 43.5 I have a 7.75 wrist and it is perfect. Some complain about the thickness I however have no issues with it. After that would be the seamaster then the speedmaster

Reactions: vettehigh

·
Registered
310 Posts
If you like Omega, then you will eventually long for a Speedmaster in your collection, either to keep or for the sake of owning it at least once. So why not start with it.

If, on the other hand (no pun intended), you wish to keep only one, then the moonwatch isn’t a bad choice either.

·
Registered
14,023 Posts
I've owned at least half a dozen Omega's over the years and I've found the more classically styled models, such as the base Speedmaster, Seamaster 300mc, and 1st gen 2500 Planet Ocean had the most staying power. I found the shiny ceramic dial Seamasters to be too shiny.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Go for all of them. 😜

I just purchased a Speedmaster Professional moon watch and I kicked myself for waiting so long. It has become the watch I wear 70% of the time. Add the others if you have the budget or not.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sapphire sandwich. The others are pretty thick. They might put you off of omega, especially if they are thicker than your oris.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The (1st) Speedmaster Pro is the eminently safe choice but the (3d) Speedmaster Moonwatch Co-Axial is a thing of beauty. I'd do the latter but that's a personal choice. Can't go wrong with either.

As for the other two, blue makes me blue.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Sorry to sound like a broken record, but for me there's no comparison here, Speedy Pro all the way, to the moon and back. And don't worry about the acrylic, here's a crude before-and-after of my Sinn, after just 1 light application with polyWatch. The trade-off is absolutely worth it for that gloriously delicious distortion.

Reactions: Buick

·
Registered
414 Posts

Mark II. The adjustable clasp makes a huge difference in comfort. My PO never felt right 100% of the time. It was comfortable because it was titanium, though.

I liked the idea of the racing dial but didn’t like the gray face.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Banned
206 Posts
Hi all,

So I'm selling my Oris and going to get an Omega, I've always wanted one and thought now is the time.

I'm stuck between 4 that I've seen, 2 seamasters and 2 speedmasters!

I usually go for a dive style watch so obviously the seamaster was my original choice but I love the speedmaster and the history of the watch. For obvious reasons I can't get to an Omega AD soon but would like to see what everyone's opinions are and any experiences they have had with them to sway me. The one issue I have with the speedmaster is the manual wind but thats not a major issue for me. The one concern I do have is the crystal is apparently very delicate and scratches easy so I may have to push for the sapphire sandwich version.

The 4 I'm looking at are -

Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch Professional 42mm Mens Watch O31130423001006
View attachment 15553780

Omega Seamaster Diver 300m Co-Axial 44mm Mens Watch O21230445003001
View attachment 15553781

Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch Mark II Co-Axial 42.4mm Mens Watch O32710435006001
View attachment 15553782
Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 600m Co-Axial 43.5mm Mens Watch O21533442103001
View attachment 15553784

Any advice would be so helpful.

cheers
I don't have any personal experience with any of them, but the only one I like and have almost purchased was the Mark II. That watch is badass imo. The others? Meh. Forgettable and nondescript.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts