WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
9,841 Posts
A watch I want to love but it really is too big to be an every day for me.
I was for me in the end. I now know the perfect size for my slim, 17cm wrists, is 40mm.
I did persevere with the DSSD for a number of years, I just tired of the weight, size & heft.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I was for me in the end. I now know the perfect size for my slim, 17cm wrists, is 40mm.
I did persevere with the DSSD for a number of years, I just tired of the weight, size & heft.
I tried one on again a few weeks ago (before this retail-ban) and I was amazed and how heavy the thing is. It puts a Planet Ocean to shame. It looks really good, like a Submariner that was big anyway but took steroids. Truly superb bit of kit, with the smoothest operating bezel of any watch I’ve ever worn.

Loads to love, and I like a bigger watch too... but not that much. I’m surprised you stuck it out a few years given your preference now.

Reactions: cybercat

·
Registered
9,841 Posts
I tried one on again a few weeks ago (before this retail-ban) and I was amazed and how heavy the thing is. It puts a Planet Ocean to shame. It looks really good, like a Submariner that was big anyway but took steroids. Truly superb bit of kit, with the smoothest operating bezel of any watch I’ve ever worn.

Loads to love, and I like a bigger watch too... but not that much. I’m surprised you stuck it out a few years given your preference now.
Yeah, I purchased my 39.5mm Omega AT, whilst I still owned my DSSD & my 45.5mm PO. Once I tried the AT on, I knew that was the right size for me. Now, the largest watch I have is my Speedy.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Mk 2 with the racing dial, an underrated sleeper and the left-field choice. Been on my radar a long, long time.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Yeah, I purchased my 39.5mm Omega AT, whilst I still owned my DSSD & my 45.5mm PO. Once I tried the AT on, I knew that was the right size for me. Now, the largest watch I have is my Speedy.
Have you ever had a 39mm PO?

·
Registered
9,841 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
In my mind, that wears like an old school Sea Dweller, but with a bracelet that can better handle the weight and the tendency for a smaller taller watch to be top heavy... I’d be interested in your view on it....

·
Registered
9,841 Posts
In my mind, that wears like an old school Sea Dweller, but with a bracelet that can better handle the weight and the tendency for a smaller taller watch to be top heavy... I’d be interested in your view on it....
I've previously heard some criticism of the thickness of the 39.5mm planet ocean, relative to it's size. I'll be honest, from my perspective, it's completer nonsense.
I changed the bracelet on my SS PO for the Omega rubber/leather + deployment. I did this after reading other owners said it improved comfort & fit. It's never felt top heavy or bulky.
My latest acquisition is the Ceramic 39.5mm PO, which come with a rubber strap. This watch is the most comfortable I have.
The ceramic is lighter than the SS, but not so light that it feels inadequate. Neither of my PO's are 'difficult' to wear with a cuffed shirt, something I have to wear to work.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts