desperately waiting for the webpage to load and/or log

in for the past 4 days!!!!!!:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x

No idea what the issue really was, but probably

managed to load the page 3 or 4 times only the past 48

hrs and when it did... I couldnt post or even open a

thread.

I've tried other sites and have had no problems

whatsoever and also switched browsers per Sjors'

advice just to be sure, but to no avail..

It was kinda funny because I actually felt like some

stranger lost in the woods while away from this forum,

man I honestly didnt think its impact would be that much!!!:-d:-d

I don't really post or start a thread that often, but I

guess this forum has been part of my daily routine for

the past year or so and I guess that pretty

much explains the " lost in the woods part..".

Looks like I might be hooked for life. Not only with Gs but

apparently with this crazy bunch as well!;-)|> Thanks for

a great forum guys..:)

P.S - And yeah, a big THANK YOU to you Sjors for

helping me out!:-!

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Hey!!! I have had a similar experience today and a couple of days ago:think::think::think:...........Welcome back!!
Geode

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good to hear u're back. :-!

keep enjoying the ride:-d
Thanks bud.:-!

Welcome back mate! Pretty hard to stay away isn't it...? ;-)

:-d spot on bro!! this forum to me is like my cigarette to my morning coffee.:);-)

Hey!!! I have had a similar experience today and a couple of days ago:think::think::think:...........Welcome back!!
Geode

Many thanks Geode.:) missed your lovely froggie pics the past days..:);-)

When I e-mailed Sjors, he told me something about possibly having an IP block or a server issue...:-x I really don't know what the real cause was though..:think: But YEAHHHH, feels reeaaaalllyyyy GOOD to be back!|>

·
Registered
915 Posts
Hello KVM.

Nice to read from you again.

Had the same issue a month ago, couldn't enter the site. I tried other sites and forums and they are OK. I thought there was another trouble with the forum and I e-mailed the administrator but the reply was that there was no problem reported by the other members. It must be a local problem in the Philippines, something to do with our Internet Service Provider. It's OK now but there are some lines outside my house that I visit that still cannot connect to the G-Shock watchuseek forum or watchuseek forum no matter what browser is used.

Happy browsing.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello KVM.

Nice to read from you again.

Had the same issue a month ago, couldn't enter the site. I tried other sites and forums and they are OK. I thought there was another trouble with the forum and I e-mailed the administrator but the reply was that there was no problem reported by the other members. It must be a local problem in the Philippines, something to do with our Internet Service Provider. It's OK now but there are some lines outside my house that I visit that still cannot connect to the G-Shock watchuseek forum or watchuseek forum no matter what browser is used.

Happy browsing.

Hey Jing! Nice to hear from you man.:) Now, that is

interesting.:think::think::think:

Admittedly, I'm not too familiar with the techie stuff, but

I sure wish someone in the forum could shed some light

on instances like this because it's kinda weird no?:think:

Anyway, I think just being back in the forum is enough

for me already. Feels really good.:-!:-!

I hope this time it holds up though...;-) @#$%@ local

internet service providers....:-x

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,569 Posts
When I e-mailed Sjors, he told me something about possibly having an IP block or a server issue...:-x

I had a similar problem a few years ago. The WUS Tech guy found that somehow I could not reach from the IP address of my school. No idea what was the problem, but it sounds there is a similar problem. Strange jing has this too. I have left a note and link to this thread for the owner of WUS, who is unfortunately away this week. I hope he or another moderator can contact the tech guy to look at this problem.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Kirk,

Good to see you back on the forum again. I have no idea what went wrong, but maybe the tech guy got my message. Strange the problem seems to be only in the Philippines. Whatever caused it, WELCOME BACK:-!

Cheers,

Sjors

Hey there Sjors!!!:-!:-!:-!:-!:-!:-!

Indeed, it's lovely to be back buddy.:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d

Yep, I think the tech-guy got your message.|>

And thanks for the warm welcome bud.:)

P.S - A big THANK YOU as well to the tech-guy who finally cleared the road for me!! Three thumbs up to you!|>|>|>

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had a similar problem a few years ago. The WUS Tech guy found that somehow I could not reach from the IP address of my school. No idea what was the problem, but it sounds there is a similar problem. Strange jing has this too. I have left a note and link to this thread for the owner of WUS, who is unfortunately away this week. I hope he or another moderator can contact the tech guy to look at this problem.

Cheers,

Sjors

Thanks a million Sjors.|>

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Glad you made it back Kirk, there's nothing worse than being without a G-Shock forum fix :-! ...

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
i only had problem very slow loading. sometimes i have to hit the links twice before it loads. the attachments are slow to open too sometimes.

but Welcome back !!!!

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Glad you made it back Kirk, there's nothing worse than being without a G-Shock forum fix :-! ...

Bull's eye mate.:-d;-) Thanks Mike.:)

i only had problem very slow loading. sometimes i have to hit the links twice before it loads. the attachments are slow to open too sometimes.

but Welcome back !!!!

I dunno but I think I'm positive those two could be blamed on your ISP.:think: I may be wrong though.;-)

Anyways, thanks bro.|> Glad to have you back as well!:)

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Yep, I've been having similiar problems. Sometimes lately it lets me log in, but once I click on this G-Shock forum, it no longer shows me logged in. Clearing forum cookies, temp files, switching browsers, etc., none of it seemed to help either. That has been going on for the past week....

Edit: Ok, I just tried to reply to this thread, and it showed that I was no longer logged in. So, I logged back in, came back to this thread, and it showed me logged out again. But as soon as I refreshed this thread, I was logged in again. Weird! :think:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had the same problems until this afternoon, It also had happened about 1month ago too. I can google search for the site but cannot load the pages.
I live in Vietnam so I think it may be something to do in the SE Asia area? seeing that its also affecting others nearby. Anyway its great to be back and catching up on the unread posts!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Mga kabayan, i had problems before about a few days ago, but i think WUS had server problems then... now no problems whatsoever, btw im using firefox 3.0.1 and my isp is smart bro...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts