WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently I purchased my first 4 ring Zulu. The strap itself looks great alone and on the watch, but once on the wrist, I just could not get comfortable. I looked through the net, and cold not really find an answer I was looking for. I looked on the strap and had is installed as everyone ales, but to me, the two rings that are together on the strap made no sens. Why in the world would you have two rings? :-s So, I played a bit with the two rings and after adjustment I'm 100% happy. I was not able to confirm if this is the proper way to install the strap, but I believe the father of the 4 ring ZULU had this in mind when he developed the strap. Few pics of standard install:

and now, the proper, :-d much more comfortable and secured install:

Reactions: Bisley

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Interesting option.

I will have to try that on one of mine.

I really do not think there is any right or wrong way as long as you get the strap under both springbars. That way if one springbar snaps its still on your wrist.

Neat method though

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I couldn't get mine to wear comfortably either, but my solution was different than yours. I cut the extra two rings off and made it a standard 2 ring zulu!

·
Registered
859 Posts
I too had the same problem and came up with the same solution. It not only felt more comfortable, but stopped the annoying "ringclink", which I noticed when I'd move my watch arm quickly and the two offending rings would "clink".

That was at FIRST, mind you. After a couple of days of wearing it threaded through the 2 rings like you show above, I started feeling pain in the wrist. So I took off the watch and saw that my wrist had a big ol' dent in it from the setup. I wasn't even wearing it tight--I could easily slip a finger between the strap and my wrist. It was just the way it sat on my wrist.

So my solution was to give up and buy a 2-ring Zulu, and I've never been happier.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been wearing it that way for few days, and have no problems, but like you mentioned, can't have it very tight. So far, I like it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
That's "more" comfortable? Well it's a big world and we're all different, glad you found a solution.

·
Registered
11,273 Posts
I used to do that, too, when my wrist was small enough so I had the extra inch of a 4-ring strap to play with ... I placed the cinched part at 12, though, so as to elevate the 12-end of the watch towards the face which made reading the watch easier, IMHO.

These days, except fr the thinner Waterborne straps, I just do the same as Bleh and neveronmonday and reduce the 4-ring strap to a two-ring strap which also permits placing the buckle exactly where it is most comfortable to wear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.