WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got 4 watches and I really want to buy a watch box for them. GiltMan has a sale on beautiful leather watch boxes. The problem I'm having is whether I should get a 4 watch box or a 6 watch box in case I buy 2 more? Their both $168 but the six watch box is an inch shallower and don't like the look as much. Also it just seems too longish looking.

Also if anyone else wants to buy one PM me and I'll send you the invite link. I don't think I'm allowed to post it.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Get the 6 for sure.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I agree - get the 6; more capacity is better. I bought a 10 at Christmastime thinking it would be plenty, and now that it's full I wish I had bought a 20.

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
Six. No question.

I got a twenty box and wish I would have got more. Almost full now and when I got it I couldn't imagine filling it up. :oops:

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
I'll need a 20 box pretty soon, mine are all snug like bugs in a rug inside my cupboard.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Get a 20. I'm selling my 20 box because I've switched to a winder/storage combo.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Get a 20. I'm selling my 20 box because I've switched to a winder/storage combo.
Darn it! I just finished making an 8-watch box to go along with the 10-watch I filled up; otherwise, I'd have made you an offier on that 20!

Mike

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Should just buy a 20 and save yourself some money in the long run rather than having to buy another one.You already have four watches two more and you are going to need another box

agreed.

My wife just gave me a 20 & I have a 5 watch box on my night table which I keep the weekly rotation in.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Definitely get the storage for 20 watches. You may need it at some point in the future. Even if you only have 6 watches for now, you can fill the other slots with straps or other jewelery.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Get a 20 slot watch box, I have two 5s and realized that I'll need to get a bigger box.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Go for a 6 or 10 of the 20 seems like too BIG (literally) an investment for you right now. Try a different style if you don't like the look.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Get the box that fits your watches.

The longer box looks much shallower than the 4-slot box. I'm not sure some of my larger watches would even fit in the 6-slot box you posted. If your watches will fit into the shallower box, and you don't see you collection really growing much, go for that one.

Beyond that, I would agree with the suggestions of others here: You may want to consider a larger capacity box. I bought two 6-slot boxes, then another and still didn't have enough room as my collection grew.

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
Go for 6! I went for 5 thinking somehow it would limit my obsession, er, hobby.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Go for a 6 or 10 of the 20 seems like too BIG (literally) an investment for you right now. Try a different style if you don't like the look.

Funny thing: First thing my wife said when I showed her the 20+ watch box I wanted was "So your gonna blow about $40,000 on watches??"

·
Registered
700 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Ignore all these people - 4 slot watch boxes are just fine, the only question is how many of them to buy.:-d

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
You can have enough slots, but you can NEVER have TOO MANY slots.

Get as large as you can get.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts