WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Hope I don't upset any forum regulars too much by bring up two of your least favorite things;
40mm Panerais & Bracelets.

I'm considering buying my wife a pre-owned PAM 50 and was wondering if anyone could post any pics or specific info on what the bracelet & clasp should be for one of these.

I've seen everything from no button to 1 button to 2 button and am really not sure which is correct for which year (letter) or if correct at all.

Thanks in advance,
Best,
Mike

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Hi,
Hope I don't upset any forum regulars too much by bring up two of your least favorite things;
40mm Panerais & Bracelets.

I'm considering buying my wife a pre-owned PAM 50 and was wondering if anyone could post any pics or specific info on what the bracelet & clasp should be for one of these.

I've seen everything from no button to 1 button to 2 button and am really not sure which is correct for which year (letter) or if correct at all.

Thanks in advance,
Best,
Mike
Hello Mike,

Myself, I rather have a bracelet over the strap, especially with the new PAM 299 on the new Bracelet. Just love it!!! I believe that the newer models will have the two button clasp, since there were so many complaints that the clasp would pop lose with the one button clasp. I could not tell you when they started with the newer models, but my guess would be from the J series and on.

Good luck,

Kevin

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Where can I get a used 22mm Panerai bracelet? I'm missing the one on my 50, hence I've always considered it a 48 although the card says 50.

·
4,076 Posts
You can keep an eye on the 'Risti Accessories Corner, but those things are as rare as hen's teeth.

You're probably better off going through your local AD or the Beverly Hills Boutique, you're going to pay for it, though!

Personally, I'd just leave it as a 048, as long as the serial numbers match up, I wouldn't sweat the fact that it says 050 instead.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
I'm thinking about down the road since I'd really like to sell it at some point. I've noticed that the Paneristi folks are often so friggin fussy that anything that is amiss will put them off.

·
4,076 Posts
That's a fair point, and a pretty accurate judgement, Peter. :-d

I honestly can't ever remember seeing a 22mm bracelet for sale. You may well have to order one through an AD/Boutique. It's gonna be pricey...

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hello Mike,

I may be able to help with your the 1 verus 2 button clasp question. When I bought my PAM 50 new (F series) it came with the 1 button clasp. However, after about three months the clasp failed and I returned it to the dealer. They sent it back to Panerai for repair and it returned with a completly new bracelet with 2 buttons. :)

Hope this helps....

Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts