WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear friends and members,

this is one of the samples that we made for the new T-Graph, we wanted to add some depth to the subdials, see the concentric circles. We are not happy with the quality of this sample though, that is why we have started over a few weeks ago. Please bear with us, quality is our no. 1 goal.

I want to send me greetings and express my gratitude to those waiting for the 40th Anniversary T-Graph, especially at this time, where everyone is talking about the SUB5000T and forgetting this upcoming beauty

Rick

·
Registered
329 Posts
That thing is going to look so vintage.The color is just perfect.I cant wait to see the sharkhunter since thats the one I am down for.---Joe

·
14,594 Posts
Rick,
I think you guys are headed in the right direction. I REALLY think that resembles the vintage T-Graph. I had decided not to order one of the Anniversary T-Graphs since I have 3 of the 3-Register ones. Now, I am starting to have second thoughts. THAT WATCH IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!!!!

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
I agree with the previous positive comments. That is now on my radar screen for '08. Best wishes.

·
DOXA Forum Moderator
5,729 Posts
Rick, that dial looks incredible. I like the look of the aged lume.:-!

Is there any way that you guys can put an extra set of seals in the pushers? To at least give them a true water resistance rating of 100 meters, unscrewed?

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
37,587 Posts
Looks good but I certainly hope the Sharkhunter version will have a concentric circle or three bordering the outside of the sub-dials. If not the black areas of the sub-dials will get lost in the inky darkness of the face. Much like how it does on the 2005 Sharkie T-Graphs.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Very nice!

My list has always had others ahead of a T-Graph, but that one has me reconsidering, too ... thanks for the glimpse of a non-final sample! :-!

--Keith

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
The dial looks great, Rick: it's a very nice counter-point to the "newness" of the 5000 dial.
Can't wait to see the watch, thanks for the info.
DW

·
Registered
170 Posts
I just think that I found my Doxa Orange!!!

I WANT!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I love the vintage look. Obviously the hands, casing and bracelet could make or break how even the best faces look...

But I think I'd have to get one to complement my 5000t!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Hello Rick

Thanks for posting a pic. Somewhat eases the agony of waiting:) I like the vintage appearance. It seems similar to what you went for with the 1000T. Any chance to make the chrono operable under water during the dive? It would add such a fantastic feature to the T-Graph. If not, any plans for such a T-Graph in the near future? Thanks for getting these projects to us before the RCD expires in March.

Regards
Scott

Rick, that dial looks incredible. I like the look of the aged lume.:-!

Is there any way that you guys can put an extra set of seals in the pushers? To at least give them a true water resistance rating of 100 meters, unscrewed?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Wow. That is really nice! Looks like a vintage NOS dial. I have some serious thinking to do.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Dear friends and members, first of all thank you for your feedback, it is always a pleasure for us at DOXA to introduce something that gets this type of positive feedback, yes we feel that the aged looks should stay as a good balance to the SUB5000T.

We are not happy with the details on the dial though, it needs some fine tuning and a more lume.

Rick

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
The vintage looks should definitely be kept. I agree more lume in keeping with modern watches would be an excellent update for the T graph....any other details of the watch to divulge Rick?

·
Registered
439 Posts
I really love it! Great color! It looks like a vintage, a true vintage. Add non-screw pushers, and an arrow pointer, flat crystal, Bead Bracelet, and I think I may have to finally buy a T. Great job Doxa! |>

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm VERRY happy about how its coming along. The proportion of the inner dials seems perfect. It's difficult being patient about this one!!!!

Thanks for the update.

Gerald

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Agree, proportion of the sub dials is right on. I don't like the mock-up picture, but real dial looks very good. The day window seems a bit too big. it could be the lighting and the black rim. need to find some cash first.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts