WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...Just got this in last week from the sales forum.

I originally had the Steinhart version with the 6497 manual wind movement. That was a very nice watch, but I decided that I like the central seconds and cleaner dial of the auto version, so I sold that one and picked this one up!

The watch I got was basically new-old-stock, and it looked great, but I really wanted the diamond crown. Also, after having this watch for a few days, I noticed that it was running fast (about 30-seconds per day) and there was several small dust specs on the dial (something I hate).

So, a couple of days ago, I took it to my local watchmaker to have the movement adjusted, the diamond crown installed, and the dust removed. He confirmed that it was running fast (and "out of beat"), so he adjusted it, cleaned the dial, and installed the crown. Now, I think it looks great and it is running much better--in fact, in the two days since, the watch has been virtually dead-on accurate (within 1 sec).

Anyway, here's a quick photo I just took with my iPhone...thanks for looking!

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After one week since adjustment, the watch was right around 4-seconds slow (total), so less than 1-second per day. Not too bad at all, and petty good for a (base?) ETA-2824-2 movement! Also, I really like this dial version--sterile with central seconds. Classic.

·
Banned
772 Posts
Dear Matt,

I hadn't checked this nice forum for a while and because I got my Nav-B Uhr mechanical today I began reading the posts again, that's why I just saw your thread and your gorgeous timepiece.

I does look very nice and eye catching! And yes, with the central second hand you get an easy to read dial.

I examined my mechanical Debf's lumination in a dark room and I was amazed! Even each minute marks are illuminated! So you can tell the time by the minute at night! I was very impressed.

The accuracy: I set the time about 9 hours ago (1320 PST) and has been dead on since then. I expect to have a good accuracy.

Very best regards, enjoy your fantastic timepiece in good health, best regards . . .

Serdal

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just paid for one today, I should have it by Tuesday, and I agree, the diamond crown makes it look a lot better (than photos i've seen). Where did you go about purchasing the crown? I think I might have to do this to mine. I know I will find this out in a few days, but how is the AR on it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Matt,

I'm glad everything worked out for you...Would you be willing to divulge your watchmaker? I live in the Chicago area as well and I could use a reliable watchmaker.
Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts