WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
The quality and finish are the same. Some parts are interchangeable. The whole movement can be swapped with the appropriate changes made to the crown and stem.

The big difference is that the 6r15 has a different balance spring which may contribute to better precision in time keeping.

I don't think it's worth swapping them unless you are looking for a little more consistency in time keeping.

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
The 6R15 has a different mainspring, barrel and adjustment lever.

this means -15/+25 accuracy and a 55h power reserve on the 6R15 compared to the -35/+45 and 40h power reserve on the 4R36, both can be tuned to cosc specs, but the question is how long do they stay there...
I highly doubt that either could be regulated to achieve COSC specs...that's five positions and temperature. The 6r15 maybe but the 4r36 definitely no more so than the 7s26 it really is.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
I highly doubt that either could be regulated to achieve COSC specs...that's five positions and temperature. The 6r15 maybe but the 4r36 definitely no more so than the 7s26 it really is.
Agreed. It could be regulated to run fairly accurately on the wrist (say within 5 sec per day), but to pass all the COSC spec testing...not gonna happen.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The 6R15 has a different mainspring, barrel and adjustment lever.

this means -15/+25 accuracy and a 55h power reserve on the 6R15 compared to the -35/+45 and 40h power reserve on the 4R36, both can be tuned to cosc specs, but the question is how long do they stay there...
thanks for the information. I was templating between the newer dress watches with 4R movement or the older ones with 6R, but the 6R ones do not have 'open heart' designs. decisions decisions..

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
thanks for the information. I was templating between the newer dress watches with 4R movement or the older ones with 6R, but the 6R ones do not have 'open heart' designs. decisions decisions..
They don't have 'open heart' looks because really...the movements aren't that pretty to look at. Both movements are workhorses designed to be somewhat accurate along with being durable and easily cleaned/repaired.

Reactions: Dan83bz and Docrwm

·
Registered
205 Posts
They don't have 'open heart' looks because really...the movements aren't that pretty to look at. Both movements are workhorses designed to be somewhat accurate along with being durable and easily cleaned/repaired.
I do recall that there are seiko dress watches using the new 4r movements with openheart design..

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I thought the 6r15 is identical to 7S26 except that the former is the modified version of 7S26 with hack function.

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
i realize that my case may be unusual but my sumo/6r15 has been running within cosc specs since it was delivered new '12. it runs consistently +4sec which is admittedly near the limit but doesn't really surprise me as my experience with seiko has always been better then expectations. (i have another '72' panda chronograph that runs consistently at +2-4 and it hasn't been serviced in 9yrs.) other seiko's I have mostly run at the normal -40-+40 range with the monster, skx and other asst. vintage. unfortunately-i haven't been able to justify buying a GrandSeiko or vintage KS hi-beat or a rare Seiko vintage with 'chronograph' marked dial)

·
Registered
454 Posts
I am wearing the SSA213j2 and have it only for 3 weeks... first it was running at +/- 25 seconds a day, but it has slowly gone to +16 seconds a day. I anticipate that it will go down gradually and hopefully. haha as it is my first watch I was at first bothered by it, but then agan.. when looking at the watch..

simply beauty

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I am wearing the SSA213j2 and have it only for 3 weeks... first it was running at +/- 25 seconds a day, but it has slowly gone to +16 seconds a day. I anticipate that it will go down gradually and hopefully. haha as it is my first watch I was at first bothered by it, but then agan.. when looking at the watch..

simply beauty

View attachment 2854138
nice watch............beautiful actually but I'm a sucker for seikos. =)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.