WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all, I havent been posting in a little while. I'm just focusing of a few things right now.

Anyways, I've decided to wear my speedmaster for over two weeks straight (OK, I did take one day break for the SMP). I wanted to see how good of a timekeeper this old thing is.

Its usual for me to do this because I normally wear the SMP 80% of the time and switch to the Speedy a few days a month. I'm just a sucker for the quartz accuracy.

I'm VERY pleased to report in over 2 week she has only gained 5 seconds when measured against the Quartz SMP. I found that if I put it crown up at night she looses some time but when I wear her during the day, she makes up for it. At one stage she lost 10 seconds with crown down for about 5 nights in a row but after wearing it to sleep, she gained that time back.

In other words, I havent had to set my Speedmaster Reduced in over 2 weeks and its great!

I had her regulated a few months back for $30. Best $30au I ever spend (even though the watchmaker scratched my wifes versace watch o|)

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
congrats, very nice to have that accuracy, I have a 66 Speedy that's in that ballpark

·
Registered
103 Posts
this is pretty good! My Planet ocean is -1.5s/day!

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys. And thanks for the compliments on the strap John. I will change it back to bracelet when the summer weather hits. I dont like the look so much but I dont want to ruin the strap with sweat.

I gotta say I havent taken the watch off for so long. Its really beginning to grow on me as a daily wearer, even after all this time of ownership. I'm sure the SMP is having a sad in the draw.:-|

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
gotta love those old Speedy's, I found myself also strapping it on then just wearing it for weeks on end, wore my '67 for about a month once, had my '66 on for 3 weeks and my '62 for about 10 days, a little worried about damaging that particular one

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Ah, the 190 Evolution, very nice car!
Thanks. I've had that model since I was young. My uncle bought it for me when they had the driver of the actual car sign autographs back in Germany. Too bad the drivers signature faded off the cars plastic case :-(

There is an original one for sale in Australia at the moment.
http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=1418197&__sid=1239165CEDF1&__Qpb=true&Cr=0&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&keywords=&__N=1216%201246%201247%201252%201282%201090%204294957640&seot=1&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&trecs=1&silo=1011

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Maybe you Speedy is trying to tell you that it needs some attention.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts