WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5 superb ‘I simply can’t afford anything at SIHH’ watches

If you are not one of those who are helping to put the ‘Rich’ in Richemont, then the glittering haute horology fest that is next week’s SIHH will hold little for you save to gaze through the cold and frosty glass of your computer screen as the great and good get to try on all the latest dazzling and priceless novelties.

For you, SIHH is a monthly campaign of Subterfuge, Illusion, Hushed and Hiding as you try to sneak yet another low cost gem unnoticed into the house. Your deliveries are cunningly orchestrated to coincide with the wife’s/girlfriends’ part time duty roster. Long has your finger hovered over the ‘Complete Purchase’ button at shiny temptations such as these before you. Never mind about SIHH, all of these not so costly watches are waiting for a new home at one of Watchuseek’s favorite online retailers, longislandwatch.com

Orient Blue Ray 21-Jewel Automatic Dive Watch

Orient Blue Ray Diver.jpg

Orient is among one of the most sought after of the affordable brands because they offer, and always have offered, reliable automatic watches. The CEM65009D is from the new Orient Ray collection from the popular Mako series. This men's dive watch with a 21 jewel Japanese automatic (self-winding) movement, day/date window, blue dial with blue uni-directional rotating bezel, new (larger) luminous hands, luminous indices, screw down crown and day change pusher, mineral crystal front and solid screw down back. $139.00

Seiko 2nd Generation PVD Orange Monster

Seiko New Generation Orange Monster.jpg

I have the original Orange Monster, and great though it is, it pales in comparison to the new and awesome, second generation Orange Monster with its black PVD Case. The watch retains the hefty bracelet, case and bezel, but features the funky shark’s tooth indices on the dial in orange and black. It’s powered by a new, more accurate 24-jewel Seiko caliber 4R36 automatic (self-winding) movement with hacking for synchronizing the watch to an exact time signal. The inner sixty minute markings are no longer displayed making for a cleaner, less cluttered look. Hand winding allows you to quickly wind the watch after it has sat unworn for a few days. The powerful Seiko LumiBrite luminescent material is still used for scuba divers and cinema lovers everywhere. $289.00

Vostok-Europe Men's Gaz-Limo Automatic, Dual Time Watch

Vostok-Europe Gaz-Limo Automatic Dual Time.jpg

Vostok-Europe is a Lithuanian-Russian joint venture, established some ten years ago. They offer what they describe as ‘the best of Soviet technologies for modern watch design.’ The Men's Gaz-14 Limo Automatic Watch has a round stainless steel case with a silver toned bezel. The inner 24-hour scale rotates by turning the crown at the 2:00 position. The silver dial displays blue metallic Arabic numerals at each hour with the exception of the six o'clock hour, where a date window is clearly displayed. The blue metallic luminous hour and minute hands, and a metallic second hand are easy to see against the detailed silver dial. The watch comes on a comfort-fit blue alligator grained leather strap with a buckle clasp. $389.00

Lew and Huey Classic Flieger-Style, Automatic Pilot Watch

Spectre-3Q-Orange-2.jpg

Founded by Chris Vail, well known to many on Watchuseek, Chris took a lot of advice on board from Watchuseek members prior to launching his good looking collection. The Spectre is a contemporary take on the classic WWII flieger-style pilot watch, named for the Lockheed Martin AC-130 Spectre flying gunship. The Spectre's design takes elements of the classic pilot watch and mixes in the retro/modern styling cues of racing watches from the 70's and today. Made from 316L stainless steel case, the 44mm watch features an anti-reflective and scratch-resistant sapphire crystal front with a screw-in back. The watch runs on a Seiko NH35, 24-jewel automatic movement that also hand winds and hacks. $400.00

Orient M-FORCE Automatic Power Reserve 200 Meter Diver

Orient M-Force 200 Meter Diver.jpg

By any measure this watch is worth skipping a couple of utility bills for. The Orient M-Force (a.k.a. the Beast) features a left hand protected crown, a black uni-directional rotating dive timer bezel with luminous dot, luminous dots and hour markers, luminous hands, date window, a solid stainless steel bracelet, and an imposing 47mm stainless steel case. There’s also a power reserve meter at the 6:00 position on the dial. The watch runs on an Orient 40N5A 22 jewel automatic hacking self-winding movement that can be manually wound. Water resistant to 200 meters, the watch also has enhanced shock proof protection. $999.00

Visit Long Island Watch.com

·
Registered
113 Posts
Re: 5 superb ‘I simply can’t afford anything at SIHH’ watches

It's so hard to get those deliveries timed up correctly. Then of course comes the desire to show off the watch that you have to repress.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts

"If you are not one of those who are helping to put the ‘Rich’ in Richemont, then the glittering haute horology fest that is next week’s SIHH will hold little for you save to gaze through the cold and frosty glass of your computer screen as the great and good get to try on all the latest dazzling and priceless novelties."

Fascinating diction! really woke me up! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,000 Posts

Is this just an ad for Island Watch, written by WUS?

·
Registered
120 Posts

I casually "forget" and leave the image of the watch on the computer screen. This kinda softens her up and I get the added benefit of constructive criticism, like "the black dial looks so much better." I wanted the black dial to begin with.

·
Registered
76 Posts

don't care if it is an ad or what...that orange L&H Flieger is to die for...<drool> Didn't realize I needed one in my life.

·
Registered
36,311 Posts

Big fan of the Monster, especially the 2nd generation

·
Registered
985 Posts

On the subject of SIHH. It's also fun just to see what Richemont has to offer and then see if homages of said new watches come out.

It's so hard to get those deliveries timed up correctly. Then of course comes the desire to show off the watch that you have to repress.
Amateur. Haven't you had to balance a couple of girlfriends at once? Never have anything sent to your home. The office or a post office mail box is the way to go. Discipline is the key to sucess in all endaevors. Watch collecting and otherwise.

Is this just an ad for Island Watch, written by WUS?
Everybody's got bills to pay. And the identification tag under the username makes the connection obvious. I'm glad I got that much info.

·
Registered
234 Posts

On the subject of SIHH. It's also fun just to see what Richemont has to offer and then see if homages of said new watches come out.

Amateur. Haven't you had to balance a couple of girlfriends at ounce? Never have anything sent to your home. The office or a post office mail box is the way to go. Discipline is the key to sucess in all endaevors. Watch collecting and otherwise.

Everybody's got bills to pay. And the identification tag under the username makes the connection obvious. I'm glad I got that much info.
isn't this the guy that wrote the cringe worthy "5 watches under $100 guide" that recommended watches from Puma and Asics and so on?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts