WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - I just left Baselworld and received the "Hamilton Stories" magazine/catalog. Within, there are two new (?) 50mm Mechanical Field Khakis which I've not seen before. I can find a photo of one online - H69819530 (releasing in September?), but not the other H69829560. Please let me know if anyone has any further details I overlooked.

Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
My question is why..? 50mm is huge and I just don't see a market for it. There is already a 38mm that has a cult following, so I could see them releasing one in 40mm again or maybe 41mm, but 50? It's not like a diver with a large bezel that tames down the dial.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My question is why..? 50mm is huge and I just don't see a market for it. There is already a 38mm that has a cult following, so I could see them releasing one in 40mm again or maybe 41mm, but 50? It's not like a diver with a large bezel that tames down the dial.
I completely agree. What's more the pendulum has been shifting away from larger watches for the past few years (see the 38mm Khaki Field Mechanical). I really like this watch and its features (esp. the inclusion of the date as well as the dimensional hour markers), I just wish it were offered in a 40mm (or even 42mm) version.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I completely agree. What's more the pendulum has been shifting away from larger watches for the past few years (see the 38mm Khaki Field Mechanical). I really like this watch and its features (esp. the inclusion of the date as well as the dimensional hour markers), I just wish it were offered in a 40mm (or even 42mm) version.
The 38mm has kind of long lugs, makes it wear bigger. Perhaps like a 40

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I have to agree 50mm is way to big.
I do really like the dial as well and would definitely consider one of these in 40-42mm.
The 38mm is too small for me but i like the dial and this is pretty similar, so a slightly larger one would have been welcome, but 50mm....not a chance.

Chris

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Really don't know what they're thinking with this one.
Be a sure winner at 40-42mm

Chris

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Is this thing definitely going into production?

Chris

Reactions: brandon\

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Hahaha yep they're coming no doubt there LOL

Can't imagine anyone with a wrist under 8" even thinking of one of these !!

Really can't fathom where Hamilton are getting their marketing info to think this'll be a big seller.

Chris

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Wow, that'll be more like $1500-1600 here then. That's pretty steep compared to the 42mm pricing.

Chris

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hello - I just left Baselworld and received the "Hamilton Stories" magazine/catalog. Within, there are two new (?) 50mm Mechanical Field Khakis which I've not seen before. I can find a photo of one online - H69819530 (releasing in September?), but not the other H69829560. Please let me know if anyone has any further details I overlooked.

Thank you!
You can see news about it on Hamilton Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BobuwGNHgBR/

·
Registered
41 Posts
I like large dial watches personally (44mm is the sweet spot for me) but 50mm is nuts. I reckon 46mm would have made a lot more sense.

Reactions: ChiefWahoo
1 - 19 of 19 Posts