WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Re: 50th GMT bezel mod

Wow. That really does look incredible.
Unfortunately I have had to return my 50th GMT due to significant and repeated faults (long story), but otherwise I would be asking how you went about this.
I actually switched mine straight onto the OEM rubber, as I felt the dial was getting a bit lost against all the silver of the bezel and bracelet, but this option really seems to balance the whole watch much better.
Very nicely done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
573 Posts
This is awesome. Makes the watch a lot modern with just little tinkering. Now if you could tell us where that bezel came from?

Can't resist a good mod.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: fskywalker

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've been wanting to do this with mine, please tell us how you did this and where you sourced the insert from!!!! I stopped into a boutique the other day and tried on a few of the GMT PO's and they are just way too monstruously big. This would make my 50th anniversary SMP perfect!!!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,134 Posts
That looks pretty good. Would be interesting to see if there was a two-tone red/black "Coke" version of the ceramic bezel

Reactions: fskywalker

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I agree that the bezel is a substantial upgrade for the looks of the watch and not too out of keeping with the original design (like, for instance, a coin-edge bezel would be). I might be tempted to revisit this watch - had one maybe 5 years ago and the bezel was off-putting. The other feature I'd love to see is applied markers (a la the non-AC) but I'm pretty sure that didn't exist for this case as a GMT. Would love to be corrected.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts