WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
7,606 Posts
Yea it is! Matches the lume on the dial too. Only thing is that the pip is like a giant bulb so it’s pretty obvious it’s aftermarket
I meant if the numbers are lumed in addition to the pip. Where did you find it? Price? Wonder if the pip can be modded by replacing it with a pip from a genuine insert

·
Registered
539 Posts
I meant if the numbers are lumed in addition to the pip. Where did you find it? Price? Wonder if the pip can be modded by replacing it with a pip from a genuine insert
Ya the numbers are lumed. It looks great actually!

I was going that route too. But the ceramic bezel doesn’t have a hole drilled through it to allow a genuine lume pip to be installed. I haven’t had time to use a pair of pliers to try and remove the existing one to see how much of a hole was drilled in tho.

I picked it up off eBay!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Right?! I wanted it to work so badly. If only the aftermarket bezels could get the lume pip right
Jeeze I think that looks good enough to put the bezel on anyway

·
Registered
539 Posts
Jeeze I think that looks good enough to put the bezel on anyway
If I’d nabbed the right bezel, I’d give it a shot! But it turns out the bezel I got was for the chrono model, which is about a millimeter thicker. total fail!

Mainly because I don’t want to modify the stock bezel in case i end up selling..

·
Registered
539 Posts
That looks awesome! Can you please share the Ebay seller information?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
FYI - I found this thread: https://www.watchuseek.com/f21/matte-ceramic-bezel-insert-mod-4034970.html

It looks like that OP figured out a way to drill out the spot where the lume pip is and make it flush? Unfortunately the photos are no longer visible, but that would be a fun project if you can remove the lume pip. I'm definitely down to try this if I can get the right tools.

·
Registered
7,606 Posts
FYI - I found this thread: https://www.watchuseek.com/f21/matte-ceramic-bezel-insert-mod-4034970.html

It looks like that OP figured out a way to drill out the spot where the lume pip is and make it flush? Unfortunately the photos are no longer visible, but that would be a fun project if you can remove the lume pip. I'm definitely down to try this if I can get the right tools.
Nice find! Asked the OP for the pictures, let's see if he update the thread or PM them to see them!

81 - 94 of 94 Posts