WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
Yea it is! Matches the lume on the dial too. Only thing is that the pip is like a giant bulb so it’s pretty obvious it’s aftermarket
I meant if the numbers are lumed in addition to the pip. Where did you find it? Price? Wonder if the pip can be modded by replacing it with a pip from a genuine insert

·
Registered
582 Posts
I meant if the numbers are lumed in addition to the pip. Where did you find it? Price? Wonder if the pip can be modded by replacing it with a pip from a genuine insert
Ya the numbers are lumed. It looks great actually!

I was going that route too. But the ceramic bezel doesn’t have a hole drilled through it to allow a genuine lume pip to be installed. I haven’t had time to use a pair of pliers to try and remove the existing one to see how much of a hole was drilled in tho.

I picked it up off eBay!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Right?! I wanted it to work so badly. If only the aftermarket bezels could get the lume pip right
Jeeze I think that looks good enough to put the bezel on anyway

·
Registered
582 Posts
Jeeze I think that looks good enough to put the bezel on anyway
If I’d nabbed the right bezel, I’d give it a shot! But it turns out the bezel I got was for the chrono model, which is about a millimeter thicker. total fail!

Mainly because I don’t want to modify the stock bezel in case i end up selling..

·
Registered
582 Posts
That looks awesome! Can you please share the Ebay seller information?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
FYI - I found this thread: https://www.watchuseek.com/f21/matte-ceramic-bezel-insert-mod-4034970.html

It looks like that OP figured out a way to drill out the spot where the lume pip is and make it flush? Unfortunately the photos are no longer visible, but that would be a fun project if you can remove the lume pip. I'm definitely down to try this if I can get the right tools.

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
FYI - I found this thread: https://www.watchuseek.com/f21/matte-ceramic-bezel-insert-mod-4034970.html

It looks like that OP figured out a way to drill out the spot where the lume pip is and make it flush? Unfortunately the photos are no longer visible, but that would be a fun project if you can remove the lume pip. I'm definitely down to try this if I can get the right tools.
Nice find! Asked the OP for the pictures, let's see if he update the thread or PM them to see them!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Maybe a contentious choice to Omega fanboys and purists, but for ****s and giggles I threw a ceramic bezel on my SMP 50th GMT.... I think I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome!
Can you share the inner and outer diameter of the ceramic bezel insert?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Coke was my other choice too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This looks amazing! Much better than the OEM. I'm looking to do this to mine, please can you share where you found this Bezel insert? I can only find the GMT master style. I prefer yours with the lines between the numbers rather than the dots. Thanks!

81 - 96 of 96 Posts