WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
Are you referring to the gap between the bracelet horizontally or vertically against the case? Horizontally don't see an issue; vertically the gap could be indeed due to incorrect springbars (perhaps skinnier that what hey should) creating some vertical play which creates the gap

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hello.

I think it looks fine. The bracelet gap IS odd like you point out and should not be there. Not sure what is going on there really, but the watch head looks fine. Everything seems to check out on my end especially the bezel insert. Have you asked the seller about the gap? What does he say? Damaged spring bars or bent ones are the only thing that comes to mind that could explain such a large gap like you point out. At first I thought it could be an aftermarket (or replica) bracelet, but I’m not sure there is one for that watch. And nothing about the bracelet jumps out at me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Looks good, as mentioned already it’s probably just the wrong spring bar fitted, causing the gap, which can be fixed.

Not aware of fake bracelets for this model but maybe the seller could send you a picture of the underside of the clasp and/or end links to confirm the correct markings are present?

Looks like it has some nice ageing going on, likely the older tritium dial, pre ‘97 I believe which tally’s up with the faded second hand tip.

If your happy with the pictures/description and seller, then all is good 👍

Reactions: fskywalker
1 - 10 of 10 Posts