WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Considering price difference i just dont know which one to go for:think:
-There's a few key differences you may want to consider to aid you in your decision:

a) The 556 sports a display back whereas the 656 doesn't. (To counter this, the 656 is near immune to magnetic fields (Which will adversely affect your watch's performance.))

b) The date window is easier to read on the 556, but then again - some (Me included!) love the unusual 4:30 placement of the date window on the 656, and also -IMHO- it enhances the minimalist look of the watch face; as the date window is not where your subconsciousness expects it to be, I've found that I hardly notice it unless I look for the date. YMMV.

c) Dials - both are minimalist, and I find that the numerals are so symmetrically placed that the 656 dial does not look busier than the 556 one. Again, your mileage may vary.

Apart from this, both watches share the same case (caseback excluded), crystal and movement. Oh, and they are both great!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Well my first choice was 556 you think that my choice will satisfy me if i have it? than to prefer 656? is it worth it the money?:think:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Well my first choice was 556 you think that my choice will satisfy me if i have it? than to prefer 656? is it worth it the money?:think:
-Only you can tell whether you think you'll be happy or not; however, you may find that even if you're happy with whichever watch you choose, after some time you'll start wanting another. And another. And yet another... :)

I've got a 656 and I love it. What did it for me was the date window and the extremely clean dial - somehow, I find the 'Automatik' on the 556 dial busier than the numerals on the 656 one.

However, I'd really like the see-through back of a 556... :)

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I said that because the most guys here support the 656 and second the 556.And the most voices come closer to 656.when i fisrt saw both i like more the 556 because of classic than the 656.i am confused so i wait while:-|

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I wish there was an antimagnetic 556
-Maybe it can be done, but you'd lose the display back, for sure.

As the case and movement are the same, I would not be surprised if you could simply order a 656 with a 556 dial and date wheel, for all practical purposes resulting in an antimagnetic 556.

Sinn has been known to be quite accomodating when it comes to special orders; I'd drop them a line and ask, if I really wanted an antimagnetic 556. :)

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
So you say that someone could have a 556 antimagnetic:-! sinn just only ordering?:think:
there in Sinn will make some magic and wow here you are a 556 antimagnet model.If they can do will definately buy it.:-d

·
Registered
979 Posts
-Maybe it can be done, but you'd lose the display back, for sure.

As the case and movement are the same, I would not be surprised if you could simply order a 656 with a 556 dial and date wheel, for all practical purposes resulting in an antimagnetic 556.

Sinn has been known to be quite accomodating when it comes to special orders; I'd drop them a line and ask, if I really wanted an antimagnetic 556. :)
Well, it would assume that the 556 dial is made of soft iron, which I doubt. I don't think they'd run off one dial in a different material as a special. But I guess there is no harm is asking. As for the display back LOL I really could lose that quite comfortably ;-) Looking at ETA movements does not really get me going. The novelty fizzled out after a few days on my Glycine Airman. I don't know why they don't do it as a regular model. I guess most people buy it more for the looks than the specification. Cheers!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Well, it would assume that the 556 dial is made of soft iron, which I doubt.
-Or that there's a soft iron lining behind the dial; I seem to recall (ever so vaguely) that this topic has been raised before, and someone who had disassembled his 656 claimed that this was indeed the case.

There's only one way to know for sure, though. Ask Sinn and see what happens. :) (Oh, and let the forum know how it turns out, of course!)

·
Registered
979 Posts
-Or that there's a soft iron lining behind the dial; I seem to recall (ever so vaguely) that this topic has been raised before, and someone who had disassembled his 656 claimed that this was indeed the case.

There's only one way to know for sure, though. Ask Sinn and see what happens. :) (Oh, and let the forum know how it turns out, of course!)
Yes that sounds quite probable. For sure! Thanks for pointing my :-!nose in the right direction! :-! I'd have to be careful or I'd end up buying a 144 Diapal as well LOL...one thing is certain, I am fated to own another Sinn! Cheers.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts