WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing TO_ARCH's beautiful pictures of this watch, I knew I had to have one. :p

I had some cash in the watch fund already due to a refund and I just sold a Seiko 5, so I went ahead and pulled the trigger!

Borrowed the pic, hope that's kosher.

Cheers!
Drew

·
Registered
902 Posts
Considering buying one myself, but would like to see a wrist shot :)

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Considering buying one myself, but would like to see a wrist shot :)
I will be more than happy to take and post one after I get it. The Numbers say its a little smaller than a Seiko SKX007/009/011 which is what I'm wearing now, so I'm not too worried.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I like the rose gold hue on this watch. Some rose gold I see just looks cheap. Hard to tell if it is the color hue or the photography lighting that makes some rose gold look too brash. Still, as nice as this looks, I can't get away from my aversion to gold colored plating for fear of wearing through it. Especially on the crown. Since this watch is two tone, a stainless crown probably would have looked fine. A plated crown may be perceived as heightened elegance but I'm thinking practical use and wear here.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Definitely some understandable worries. But I figure for the price ($109) I can't complain too much even if it wears through. It should help that I have a few watches to rotate too...

I like the rose gold hue on this watch. Some rose gold I see just looks cheap. Hard to tell if it is the color hue or the photography lighting that makes some rose gold look too brash. Still, as nice as this looks, I can't get away from my aversion to gold colored plating for fear of wearing through it. Especially on the crown. Since this watch is two tone, a stainless crown probably would have looked fine. A plated crown may be perceived as heightened elegance but I'm thinking practical use and wear here.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Definitely some understandable worries. But I figure for the price ($109) I can't complain too much even if it wears through. It should help that I have a few watches to rotate too...
True. True. The price is great and makes it very tempting despite my paranoia. Had not considered that this watch (or others) would very likely not get daily wear since I also have a few other watches to rotate so the finish would last longer. Hell, if I'm really that concerned I could use some cotton gloves to wind the watch. Yes, I have cotton gloves :) when I need to treat occasional skin flare ups on my hands. Besides, I would only have to give it a few turns to get it going and then let the auto do the rest. Hmmm. :think: I think I'm sold. I'll wait for your pics and comments.

·
Registered
440 Posts
That looks even yummier now and your wrist size is close to mine. I kind of wishing I had not won an eBay bid just the other day but I have been looking soooo long for a small sized watch with the Seagull ST25 movement in it. Hopefully, US Seagull will continue to carry this model a bit longer. I diddled too long thinking about the 171 and 172 and missed out. Nurtz.

·
Moderator: F72 and F71
8,173 Posts
Wonderful photos of a wonderful watch, TO_ARCH. :-!

·
Registered
20,580 Posts
Very nice dress watch |>

1 - 17 of 17 Posts