WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
There is more to this article - they are actually offering a refurb service for old 5000C and 5600C with gray logos.

It would be like $150 USD to get your old watched inspected + fitted with a new bezel/band/battery. That's pricey if you ask me.

BUT - That means Casio is actually making the original bezels again but knowing them, they won't be releasing them to the public unless you send your watch in to get serviced.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I wonder if this service will cause a drop in price for DW-5000C and DW-5600C, will be interested in the service though, looking forward to more information tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
15.jpg

Casio will refresh DW-5000C (240)・DW-5600C(691/901) with a new bezel, watchband and battery for a limited time only. I'm assuming this includes new gaskets too, but the article doesn't say that.

You must sign up between Nov. 1, 2018, and Jan. 31, 2019. Once Casio receives a customer's watch, it takes about two weeks for them refresh it and return it. Casio is using a new technology to create the bezels, which is documented in the OP's link, and in this article. Casio will only produce 20-30 bezels per day.

Payment method is "cash on delivery" (COD) only. The article doesn't say this, but I bet this service is only available to those living in Japan. The COD method is not uncommon in Japan, but it's pretty much unheard of these days in the USA, for instance.

Here's a link to the sign up form.

https://secure.casio.jp/sp/g-shock/repair/

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Wonder how popular this service will be with Japanese collectors?

Since Casio says they can only produce up to 30 bezels per day, even if they worked seven days a week for the next three months, that would be less than 3,000 bezels. So, a pretty exclusive product!

Also wonder about the rough condition some of the DW-5000C's and DW-5600C's that Casio will be sent will arrive in? My understanding is many of these vintage watches have bezel screws that are very difficult to remove, and may actually break when trying to remove them. Anyway, I imagine they'll all get fresh, new bezel screws to go along with the new bezels.

It's very cool that Casio is offering this service. Since Japanese companies often under promise and over deliver, I imagine these watches will come back from Casio refurbishment looking very nice!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Really cool service for them to provide. If I had a beloved 5600 that I had been wearing for years the sentimental value might be a good reason to pay the $150 for the restoration.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts