WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you cats know, the OEM strap is not the most comfortable - or at least pliable. So I purchased a Zulu band and the adapters which I installed yesterday. I'm just not felling the love...I find the strap to be very stiff - excellent quality however - and the adapters dig into my wrist a little. I'm going to try the OEM band again. Any other bands available?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I came across this ebay store selling black metal expansion bracelets for the 5600:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Casio-G-shock...ryZ10324QQssPageNameZWD2VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

While some might regard an expansion bracelet as tacky, the product kind of resembles the original.

I never got one because I'm happy with my resin strap. In fact, I find the strap on my DW-5600E the most comfortable resin strap I have.

Good luck. Let us know what you go with.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Have you tried wearing the OEM for a couple weeks? Mine was quite uncomfortable at first, but within a month it was wonderful, and has remained so. I was worred when I got a 5600 that I was never going to find a comfortable strap, but it turns out it came with one!

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
I find the 5600 strap supremely comfortable.

I wonder how those who don't would deal with the Z22 rubber strap on the Seiko divers! :roll:
Hehehehe. Yep. That is Z22 is well........ rather stiff. O|

As far as the DW-5600 goes, I find it to be the most comfortable rubber strap in the G-Shock line. I don't really like rubber straps, but the one on the DW-5600 is pretty darned good.

I'd give the Zulu strap another try. The Zulus are a little stiff and very scratchy when you first get them. But they do soften up after a while. I personally find the Rhino straps to be much nicer, but they are very hard to find. Running the Zulu through the washer and dryer a few times might help.

·
G-Shock Mod
14,399 Posts
if you wear the strap for a while (zulu, OEM 5600, Z22, etc), it will get more comfortable

people have suggested to "soften" the strap by hot water, maybe you can try that.

talk about stiff strap, try the Seiko MM auto. now that's stiff (right out of the box)!

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Funny you mention that - that's precisely what i ended up doing. Boiled the kettle, let it sit for a minute then poured into a coffee cup. Hung the watch on a knife I laid across the cup and let it sit for a couple minutes. Also, I've removed the watch a few times a day and worked the band around. Now it feels great.

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
The newer 5600 straps are very pliable in my opinion. I know the older versions were rather stiff and uncomfortable.

As for the Z22, although stiff; it is wearable and gets better over a period of time.

The only strap that I did not like and probably will never get used to, is the one that came on my EcoZilla. Not comfortable at all, and forced me to get some strap adaptors for it. |>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts