WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the GW-B5600AR-1ER. Allways have to open the app to sync and connect.
Dont work on atomic time or bluetooth without opening the app.
How can i fix this.
Thanks
Lasse.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I disabled BT synching on my GW-B5600BC-1ER. It updates its time every evening via MB6:

Watch Clock Wrist Measuring instrument Service

Try these:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Thank you Tony but i need someone Who has experiense with this kind of challenger.
Best regards
Lasse
* I have several BT enabled G-Shocks.

* I unpaired them from the phone, as descrbed on the 3459/3461 module manual

* All of them synchronize their time via MB6 (multiband 6 radio signal from atomic clock)

* No phone/app required

·
Registered
375 Posts
You need to have the app open in the background.
Check in your phone settings if background refresh is on. I’m not sure what it’s called for Android.
But the G-SHOCK app should be running in the background of your phone for it to synchronise with your watch.

When bt pairing didn’t go through for 24hrs (if I remember correctly), then it will switch over to atomic synth.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Just generally speaking it might be best to unpaired the watch, delete and reinstall the app, and go through the setup again, granting any access the app needs. I've never had an issue with them syncing when in range whether I have the app open or not.

Oh for a test to try before deleting everything... what happens if you press the D pusher, bottom right, to do a manual BT Time Adjustment? It should flash TIME for a bit then flash OK.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes it works with manual connection. With the D button.
I have deleted watch and app. Then reset the watch to factory specs.
IT is not a big problem for me but it would be Nice if it was automatic. If not then okay :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
You need to have the app open in the background.
Check in your phone settings if background refresh is on. I’m not sure what it’s called for Android.
But the G-SHOCK app should be running in the background of your phone for it to synchronise with your watch.

When bt pairing didn’t go through for 24hrs (if I remember correctly), then it will switch over to atomic synth.
This is probably it. I had the same issue and this was it for me at least. I acctually ended up skipping BT and only using MB6 sync.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In Norway the atomic time works nice. But my gf lives in Kuala lumpur and thats something total different. Would like to have bluetooth working the months that i stay in Malaysia.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
what kind of phone you use to connect to the G? Xaomi?

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
i dont see a bug?
iirc the manual already says the watch only attempts to connect every 6 hours at specific times...
if it can't then very likely ur phone is killing the app... xiaomi is infamous for this...

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
is it android or harmony?
anyway, check permission setting and battery setting

1 - 15 of 15 Posts