WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day-----bought the ms some time ago----the conditions where there is ANY visibility are so few,I NEVER wear the watch----can this be converted to positive ? using current filter ?
Thanks much !!!!!

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
6,259 Posts
Maybe the safest way is to buy a wrecked standart 5600E and swap the modules.

Otherwise you can convert the LCD with a polarizer film surgery
There are some old thready you can search for. :)

Good day-----bought the ms some time ago----the conditions where there is ANY visibility are so few,I NEVER wear the watch----can this be converted to positive ? using current filter ?
Thanks much !!!!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Never been a fan of negative displays. Even if they were more readable I still don't even like the look of them anyway.

·
Registered
12,381 Posts
the thing with the MS is its best seen in daylight, or using the light at night. i have both models and must admit it is one of the worst Neg displays, and i have no problem with Negs, i actually like them.... must be a leftie thing~

·
Registered
36,279 Posts
Maybe the safest way is to buy a wrecked standart 5600E and swap the modules.

Otherwise you can convert the LCD with a polarizer film surgery
There are some old thready you can search for. :)
First idea about a module swap is a good idea.

The second idea about polarizer surgery is not a good idea. I have started 3 G-Shock polarizer surgeries and only 2 worked (barely). The third watch was wrecked at my inability to complete the surgery without injuring the watch. Live and learn.

Module swaps are within my prevue, polarizer surgery is risky and not always successful.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
MS was my first square and it's the main reason I have bad impression on negative display. I would recommend you to convert to positive by polarizer mod with a new polarizer. If you messed it up you can do module swap later.

Module swap

Polarizer mod

Here is the link to the post when I did polarizer mod, you don't need to disassemble the module like I did. It also contains link to instructions thread for converting DW.

https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/custom-squares-q-show-em-here-fuel-addiction-2545450-116.html#post49892639

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks much !!!!!
Tried the conversion to positive for 5600ms. The red tint is in the LCD and not the filter as I thought before I started. Didn't like it so I ended up swapping the module.

QS9P0olh.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replys---polarization film ordered and on its way----let the games begin !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts