WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to everyone's great help and advice, I finally received a new 5600c band and bezel from vbeme (great seller!!!) and now my 5700 is reborn. To tell the truth, I like the new look, because of the 5600 bezel shape, there is more black on the face, hmmm, I don't know how to explain it except it looks really nice, uncluttered...

Thanks again to everyone here :-!

Attachments

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
That's a very interesting picture.

It shows that the display area on a G-Shock is small in comparison to the watch head. It also shows how much space is taken up by text and graphics.

More than ever, I think it's time for a complete re-design and upgrade of the basic modules.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, Casio should come out with something minimalist, zen looking, but only for the vintage 5600 series... It would be interesting.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
More than ever, I think it's time for a complete re-design and upgrade of the basic modules.
Perish the thought. We'd end up with no time shown in stopwatch mode, and a 60 minute countdown timer. I don't trust Casio to get it right these days.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Perish the thought. We'd end up with no time shown in stopwatch mode, and a 60 minute countdown timer. I don't trust Casio to get it right these days.
Yes, that's a point... ;-)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I did the same to my dw5400. I like how it doesn't even say casio on the face. I do miss the old bezel though, it crumbled into pieces.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Looks good! I agree, the uncluttered look is refreshing and definitely a change from the norm. If you blacked out the letters on the bezel it would pretty much be the ultimate 'stealthed G'.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks good! I agree, the uncluttered look is refreshing and definitely a change from the norm. If you blacked out the letters on the bezel it would pretty much be the ultimate 'stealthed G'.

Great idea, I just might try it, thanks :-!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I might have to do what you did as my 5400 is in need of a makeover. Still looking for a round bezel as I prefer that look but if all else fails, we may have similar looking watches. Good job.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Mr. Swimman,

It looks much nicer in the flesh, the picture doesn't do it justice, trust me. Get it redone to 5600 just to tide you over, cause once you get that baby back on your wrist and feel the hefty weight and screwback flush against your skin, you'll never want to take it off.

Someone also gave me good advice about the four bezel retaining screws... best to pour some machine oil on each screw and let it soak overnight so it'll unscrew easily. Use a small plier initially then when it's loose, the small philips head screwdriver.

The guy I mentioned on Ebay has a new set of 5600c strap and bezel that comes with the screws and retaining pin for the strap so it's a good buy. When I bought mine it didn't come with it so I had to make sure to preserve the old ones and take them out carefully. Pls post when you've done it and show us some pictures ya...

Best of luck to you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts