WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went back and forth on this one and finally gave in. Should be here in a week. It's bigger than anything else I have, but I tried it on again today. Big, but not silly big, I hope. I just couldn't get this one out of my head. Wife said to go for it as well which is a bonus. This will be my last purchase for a while and, well, I'm really pleased with what I have. Thanks for all the helpful suggestions on my previous thread. Photo lifted from the web pending arrival.

Attachments

·
Read Only
7,342 Posts
Very nice. Congrats! The Portuguese Yacht Club is a watch I really like visually, and obviously has a great caliber from IWC.

You have quite a nice group of 5, with 3 great chronographs. Maybe an El Primero, Navitimer or Monaco next? ;)

·
Premium Member
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice. Congrats! The Portuguese Yacht Club is a watch I really like visually, and obviously has a great caliber from IWC.

You have quite a nice group of 5, with 3 great chronographs. Maybe an El Primero, Navitimer or Monaco next? ;)
You are a baaaad man!

·
Read Only
7,342 Posts
You are a baaaad man!
Yes, it was a bit evil. Apparently I've been taking lessons from my 2 yr old.

I'll be interested to hear your impressions once it arrives and see some live pics. For being from the Portuguese line and having a top, in-house chronograph movement, I haven't seen many/any on WUS.

·
Premium Member
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, it was a bit evil. Apparently I've been taking lessons from my 2 yr old.

I'll be interested to hear your impressions once it arrives and see some live pics. For being from the Portuguese line and having a top, in-house chronograph movement, I haven't seen many/any on WUS.
Will do. It was a bit challenging finding much info on this one asides from a few reviews here and there. I got some very useful info when starting a thread here though. We should arrange a play date. My two year old is pure evil as well. He calls watches "clocks" but doesn't pronounce the "L". Always fun at the AD...

·
Read Only
7,342 Posts
Will do. It was a bit challenging finding much info on this one asides from a few reviews here and there. I got some very useful info when starting a thread here though. We should arrange a play date. My two year old is pure evil as well. He calls watches "clocks" but doesn't pronounce the "L". Always fun at the AD...
Ha, mine too!

·
Registered
8,154 Posts
She is a beauty - congratulations! I love Portuguese chronograph - elegant, yet flashy enough not to be missed.
Looks like you now have 3 top-notch chronographs - like your style.

Reactions: Seaswirl

·
Premium Member
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So are these your 5 "starter" watches or the "starting 5" watches in your lineup?

Lol, great collection either way. I love that IWC!
You must be a lawyer! I'll be keeping these 5 for a long time. As supportive as my wife is, I am in no rush to test her limits.

·
Premium Member
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
She is a beauty - congratulations! I love Portuguese chronograph - elegant, yet flashy enough not to be missed.
Looks like you now have 3 top-notch chronographs - like your style.
Thanks Ender. Much appreciated.

·
Banned
2,843 Posts
Fantastic watch from a fantastic brand! Heartfelt congratulations! Gotta post a bunch of pics when you get it!!!

·
Registered
7,774 Posts
Gorgeous watch, congrats!!

PS: There are 6 starters - you forgot the goalie, the backbone, the one that makes everything else worth it. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts