WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure a few pairs of eyes were watching the auction for the 600T .... is "sailing2" a member here? And if you are, could you share some pics?

You and I battled it out at the end, and with three seconds to go, you beat me by $25.00usd. I'm bummed, but good onya! Looks like it's gonna be a nice piece. Congrats! :-!

Cheers!
Bill

·
14,594 Posts
There are a couple usernames from Ebay that I recognize as being members, but that isn't one of them. Maybe they are though, and they will speak right up. My last 2 attempts to buy a Doxa in the last seconds hasn't worked out eithero|o|o|

Better luck next time;-)

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
You know it might be useful if we declared our eBay names so as to not run each other up???

Of course private auctions knackers this and once an open auction bid hits i think $200 the system scrambles the name but it's still possible to track someone by their feedback point rating. I know a couple of the guys here and how to spot them ;-)

Just an idea.

D.

·
Registered
294 Posts
David,
you are spot on. In fact you beat me to the punch with 1 or 2 at the death recently( I won't name the items here - they are your business!!) and good luck to you.
I don't try to run 'em up, but I'll bid aggressively to my max. If I lose to one of you guys here, it doesn't hurt so much. LOL! (Yes, it does!!!!) My ebay name is not too hard to work out from my name and collection. Love to see some pics of the French one, if you know what I mean!!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Bill, thanks for the kind words, sorry to be a competitor! On the bright side, I had a top limit higher than the $25 over your last bid that it went for, if that helps.

Short version, I have one of those "birthdays divisible by 10" at the end of this month, so my budget for a present was larger than what many may have been willing to spend.

Long version, I have an orange Professional and a black Sharkhunter, this is my third Doxa and I had been interested in acquiring a Divingstar. While Dr. Pete Millar's two-page spread in his book had me wanting a 600T Divingstar, the majority of the blame belongs to Randy due to his post and photo:

There is one other option. If you go to Landmark Jewelry in Georgetown, Grand Cayman you can buy one of the few COSC 750T Divingstars. They are a beautiful watch and I don't think they'll be producing that size again. Good luck with whatever you decide, but be careful yellow can be very addicting;-), hence my 4 little yellow friends. Randy
https://www.watchuseek.com/showpost.php?p=587423&postcount=8

Due to my wrist size, I'm most interested in the Doxa's smaller than the 750T and the reissue. I did check the prices of the 1000T and the 1000T COSC ... while I think the COSC is a nice addition, I'm fine with the normal accuracy from an automatic.

I was surprised to see this one come up on the bay and had been watching it, but then had an "uh, oh" moment when a thread was started on the Doxa board here about the auction, but figured the usual suspects probably already had it on their watch list, too. Since my "divisible by 10" birthday is later this month I felt it was okay to spend extra ...

I was going to put it away until the birthday, but may try my limited photo skills out after it arrives next week.

--Keith

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
David,
you are spot on. In fact you beat me to the punch with 1 or 2 at the death recently( I won't name the items here - they are your business!!) and good luck to you.
I don't try to run 'em up, but I'll bid aggressively to my max. If I lose to one of you guys here, it doesn't hurt so much. LOL! (Yes, it does!!!!) My ebay name is not too hard to work out from my name and collection. Love to see some pics of the French one, if you know what I mean!!
Oh that one LOL - oh la la - if i'd known i was up against ya i'd have made a deal with you prior, know what i mean!! I seriously need to take some pics of recent purchases as got some interesting stuff, will do first chance i get.

BTW to follow my previous post i'm GRANITEQUARRY on eBay just like here if anyone wants to shout re. an auction. Must admit i'm bidding on most of the vintage stuff coming up (well the rare ones anyway!) ;-)

Cheers,
David.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Yeah, John, they seem to be commanding premium $$$ now. Not really surprising considering they only made a hundred of 'em. Mine (#4) won't be going anywhere, though. It's still my favorite! b-)

Paul

·
Registered
905 Posts
Yeah, John, they seem to be commanding premium $$$ now. Not really surprising considering they only made a hundred of 'em. Mine (#4) won't be going anywhere, though. It's still my favorite! b-)

Paul
It is a great looking watch ... # 4 mine is #51 ... it would be great to know where they all are .... It would be interesting to know what countries they are in ....

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello Keith

Thanks for stopping in. I'm really very happy that it went to a fan. I checked your previous purchases, and all I could see was coins. I thought, "Great ... a coin collector that wants this as an investment. He'll keep it for a year, then sell it on. I want to wear it!". :-d

Truth be told, I was bidding slightly higher than my self-imposed limit on this one. These do not come up often, and there's a hole in my thoughts that needs to be filled with a DS. I really like the 600T, but I'm starting to think the 1000T will also work. I'll get the chance to ogle one soon. Then I'll know for sure.

I was astounded when you came out of nowhere. Three seconds .... that's it. I could've had it on my wrist after three tiny seconds. :-d Oh well, the next one might be mine, who knows.

Keith, wear it in good health, and please enjoy it. Happy Birthday! :-!

Cheers!
Bill

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There are a couple usernames from Ebay that I recognize as being members, but that isn't one of them. Maybe they are though, and they will speak right up. My last 2 attempts to buy a Doxa in the last seconds hasn't worked out eithero|o|o|

Better luck next time;-)
Thanks for the wishes Jason. Good things come to those who wait, eh? ;-) I'm easy to spot in the 'Bay ... look for the same screen name. I have no imagination at all. :-d

Cheers!
Bill

·
14,594 Posts
Keith,
You are exactly right. Warehouse has the market cornered on the Divingstars. I lust after that 300T reissue every time he taunts us with it. That picture still leaves me shaking my head. YIKES, what a nice set. Every one of those is difficult to obtain or unobtainable.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts