WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just curious - does anyone here own a 6066? I've heard of mechanical timepieces with alarm function earlier, but never seen (Not to mention _heard_) one first hand.

How does it sound? Any recordings available?

I have mainly been looking at the 144 GMT St and the 356 Flieger UTC Sa, but the idea of an added alarm module -all mechanical!- really appeals to the engineer in me. :)

And, finally - in terms of accuracy, how does the Sinn watches fare? Within the COSC requirement of [-4/+6]s/24h?

Thanks,

Odd Erling - Small collection: Breitling Chrono-Shark, Hamilton 21 (restoration object, but running)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi OddE,

I've only just received my Sinn, 203 St with COSC certificate. Before purchase I spoke with a couple of people at Sinn, they explained that the movement is certified to the -4/+6s/d and they then regulate them to be between 0 and +6s/day. They say that they don't like their watches to lose!!

With only two days of experience with a COSC certified Sinn so far it is gaining 2s/day so is well within the specification, early days yet of course.

Be sure to ask for a COSC certified movement when you place an order with Sinn. I've found the company to be incredibly friendly, helpfull and efficient.

Good luck
Rod

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Be sure to ask for a COSC certified movement when you place an order with Sinn. I've found the company to be incredibly friendly, helpfull and efficient.
-From what I've read on this forum, Sinn appears to be a very decent company indeed. I've been considering several watches as the next addition to my (tiny) collection - Top contenders so far are a Breitling Cosmonaute or a Sinn 144GMT.

Also, I will make sure that my next purchase is within the COSC requirements - it amazes me that this kind of accuracy can be achieved using mechanical engineering.

Enjoy your new watch!

--
Odd Erling

1 - 3 of 3 Posts