WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

i wished i came here earlier to get some feedback on my 1st watch design before my crowdfund campaign. i think i would have done better if i had consulted watch enthusiast first to get an idea of what collectors like. anyway, here's my prototype. do let me know your comments/feedback so i can improve on my next design. i'll be sure to show my next design here next time.

thanks
ivan

Specifications
Case diameter: 38mm
Height to apex of crystal: 10mm
Case thickness: 7mm
Crystal: 3mm double dome sapphire (anti-reflective coated on inner surface)
Case material: 316L stainless steel
Dial: convex sunburst dial in silver, grey, blue and black (*stretch goal Green) colour
Strap: 20mm harris tweed strap
Movement: Choice of Seiko VH31 Quartz movement running at 4 ticks every second (4 Hz) OR Miyota 6T33 hand-wound mechanical movement (4 Hz)

Eclipse_marble_grey01_1024x1024.jpg
Eclipse_marble_black02_1024x1024.jpg
eclipse_silver_wrist01_1024x1024.jpg
eclipse_blue_wrist01_1024x1024.jpg
turqoise_edited_large.jpg

·
Registered
566 Posts
I like everything except for the rounded bezel and lugs ages. This reminds cheaper chromed cases, steel cases usually have sharper edges
also, the crown is very simple and generic

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your input. i like the case but maybe i could have worked on the crown to make it slightly different.

ivan

I like everything except for the rounded bezel and lugs ages. This reminds cheaper chromed cases, steel cases usually have sharper edges
also, the crown is very simple and generic

·
Registered
241 Posts
I think you did a great job your first time out. The dial design is especially nice IMO. I agree, the crown needs to be reconsidered. Personally, I would like to see a larger one that can be easily grasped. Functionality is of key importance to me, and a small/thin crown just makes it more difficult to grab and rotate. The diameter is fine, I think, it just need to be wider/thicker.

Good luck with your venture, Ivan. b-)

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks jeff! i wanted the crown to be more elegant and almost disappear like my dress watches from the 50-60s. i guess i should have considered people with bigger hands but i think its still manageable as the back of the case tapers down so there's space to grasp the crown. i m considering to do a vintage inspired military watch next. i'm sure that crown will be wider and thicker.

ivan ;)

I think you did a great job your first time out. The dial design is especially nice IMO. I agree, the crown needs to be reconsidered. Personally, I would like to see a larger one that can be easily grasped. Functionality is of key importance to me, and a small/thin crown just makes it more difficult to grab and rotate. The diameter is fine, I think, it just need to be wider/thicker.

Good luck with your venture, Ivan. b-)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Great first effort. Super clean (but that's right up my alley). I agree that the crown needs something more--that could be a place to add a bit of flair. Cheers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts