WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
You will find opinions split. Some like it to stay origional, some like to refurb it.
It's your watch, you make the rules ;-)
As long as the movements good though it's always gonna be worth wearing.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Nice find!!

Personally I would leave it as it is, gives it a bit of character, it looks to be pretty honest and original (definitely a new crystal though) and they are getting harder to find,
But as AC81 says it's your watch, your choice,

Reactions: kpo74

·
Registered
542 Posts
Looks like the hands have been re-lumed already? In which case I'd get a professional to re-lume the dial to match. Gratz on the nice pick up.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Mates , look like re-Lume > ..... more than keep it like this ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Wow. I agree with those who say leave it as is. It looks great now. It's your watch but if it were me I wouldn't have any work done.

Reactions: kpo74

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
It's the eternal question, relume or not to relume, if the lume on the hands and the dial is the same then leave it, if the hands and dial dont match then get it done...mine was relumed by Jack at IWW...
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
it is a nice looking watch... if it was mine... I'd try to find someone who had old hands that matched the dial(more or less) before getting the dial worked on... the worn look of the dial is fantastic I think. but yeah your watch your choice..

i think it is too nice a watch for a amateur relume so if you did go that route i would have a pro do it.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A professional can get good results, as an example I had the hands on this re-lumed to match the existing original lume on the dial:

Which I think turned out very well.
Marvelous !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts