WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone own both these watches and willing to do some comparing? I am quite taken with the gold accents on the vintage 6159-7001 but would there be a reason why it would be better to get the modern mm300 over the 6159-7001 or vice versa? Nothing I'm going to pull the trigger on soon as I am waiting on a recent acquisition of the quartz 600m tuna (gold - black) to get back from Jack at IWW. So right now I am just planning on my next watch.

·
Registered
13,419 Posts
the 6159 is a personal grail, but movement parts for it are difficult to find. I have found a few for sale but they had problems, and no parts to fix them.
If you really want the gold accents, get a Year 2000 300 meter watch, it has the 8L35 movement, easier to deal with.
Good luck.
DW

Sorry, I found the photo on-line, don't know who it belongs to.

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
As David said, if yo really want the gold accents, try to source an SBDX003, which is the predecesor of the Marine master and is the actual modern reissue of the 6159.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is good advice. I didn't even know the modern version existed with the gold accents. I have heard that the 6159 is a better movement? higher bph 36000? is this true? is it really a big deal compared to the modern marine master?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Higher beat movement means higher maintenance!

About 3 of the 6159-7010 watches I've owned they would be losing about 30-45mins a day, probably NEVER been overhauled in their life

1 - 5 of 5 Posts